My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update Jan 2014

(242 posts)
  1. x6tus

x6tus

rdoody - do you want to list all your bugs? I only have one that's intermittent and easily-worked around. I'm sure the guys at HUMAX have plenty of testing and QA in place. However much testing and QA you do that is never going to guarantee that the software has no bugs.
    I for one am very happy with the release.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 13:20:49 #101 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I rather think Humax will be tied up in solving an issue that really does affect a Humax box. Namely the inexplicable and apparently random failure to record of the new BBC-HD channels on the Freeview-HD pvrs.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 13:30:40 #102 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dar2008

x6tus - 1 hour ago  » 
    rdoody - do you want to list all your bugs? I only have one that's intermittent and easily-worked around. I'm sure the guys at HUMAX have plenty of testing and QA in place. However much testing and QA you do that is never going to guarantee that the software has no bugs.
    I for one am very happy with the release.

+1

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 15:02:21 #103 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

While I welcome the update and look forward to the remote-record app, I have to say that on the whole the current batch of Humax PVRs seem to me a bunch of under-achievers.

Two DTR-T1000s died on me within 18 months. The HDR-2000T I bought after the failure of the second YouView is faulty and requires frequent resets, plus no loophrough in standby. The HB-1000S works the best of the lot, but the UI is gloomy and shadowy and not very pleasant to use. Even getting into the EPG is unnecessarily longwinded, for what reason is mysterious to me.

I wish Humax would give the freetime boxes a new UI, and get YouView and the HDR-2000T up to scratch.

Disappointing.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 17:04:25 #104 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I wish Humax would give the freetime boxes a new UI, and get YouView up to scratch

They can't, the UI is Freesat/Freeviews domain. Basically they build the box, Freesat or Alan Sugars lot design the UI.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 17:14:17 #105 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 seconds ago  » 

I wish Humax would give the freetime boxes a new UI, and get YouView up to scratch

They can't, the UI is Freesat/Freeviews domain. Basically they build the box, Freesat or Alan Sugars lot design the UI.

If another maker were to build one the UI would be the same apart from the Humax entry in the menus.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 17:15:38 #106 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 52 seconds ago  » 

And they're similarly co-dependent with YouView over the DTR1000. As far as I'm concerned, this is part of the problem.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 17:19:41 #107 |
  8. chistery

chistery

My box is now booting up quicker. It was taking 90 seconds before (despite people saying here I was making it up) and now it's about 35.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 19:36:42 #108 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

chistery - 26 minutes ago  » 
    My box is now booting up quicker. It was taking 90 seconds before (despite people saying here I was making it up) and now it's about 35.

Not sure why it used to take 90 seconds. The normal boot time was about 35 seconds on the previous firmware. If you look there are several posts confirming this. Perhaps they were thinking that as was normal you had the 35 second or so boot time.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 20:06:05 #109 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

90secs!!! When did you last change the batteries?

Well I have never checked my boot up time before, but timed it just now and it was 10secs Do I get a prize for that Graham? A goldfish will do because ours died last week

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 20:35:49 #110 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.