My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update Jan 2014

(242 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

Teb5 - 25 minutes ago  » 
    90secs!!! When did you last change the batteries?
    Well I have never checked my boot up time before, but timed it just now and it was 10secs Do I get a prize for that Graham? A goldfish will do because ours died last week

The box does bootup in about 10 seconds from standby if recording at the timeyou switch on. Reason being the hard disc is already running.
    Bob

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 21:03:30 #111 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Teb5 - 32 minutes ago  » 
    Well I have never checked my boot up time before, but timed it just now and it was 10secs Do I get a prize for that Graham? A goldfish will do because ours died last week

If it booted in 10 seconds, it was already booted. Either recording or in the pre recording 15 minute watch for an Accurate Recording start signal (all it had to do is switch on the Video/Audio outputs). Just because you can't see a picture does not mean it's not booted from sby. So sorry you get the booby prize :-). Try again when you don't have any recording active or within 15 minutes of one starting.

In full sby the box uses less than 0.5W, just enough power for the real time clock to wake it up (not even enough power for the connected lnb or the clock on the front display).

If you turn off low power sby you can admire the clock 24/7 at the cost of increasing the sby power consumption.

Before you attempt sarcasm you should know what you are talking about

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 21:14:21 #112 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

grahamlthompson - 25 minutes ago  » 

Teb5 - 32 minutes ago  » 

If it booted in 10 seconds, it was already booted. Either recording or in the pre recording 15 minute watch for an Accurate Recording start signal (all it had to do is switch on the Video/Audio outputs). Just because you can't see a picture does not mean it's not booted from sby. So sorry you get the booby prize :-). Try again when you don't have any recording active or within 15 minutes of one starting.
    In full sby the box uses less than 0.5W, just enough power for the real time clock to wake it up (not even enough power for the connected lnb or the clock on the front display).
    If you turn off low power sby you can admire the clock 24/7 at the cost of increasing the sby power consumption.
    Before you attempt sarcasm you should know what you are talking about

32secs Sorry. I will keep my comments to myself in future

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 21:41:09 #113 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

humin

Has anyone else performed a factory reset since the update? I did and have lost all channel icons, on demand icons, video previews in menu system. Basically, a lot is messed up.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 21:47:13 #114 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

humin - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Has anyone else performed a factory reset since the update? I did and have lost all channel icons, on demand icons, video previews in menu system. Basically, a lot is messed up.

That doesn't sound right. Yes others have done a reset(Gonzo was one if I remember rightly). Give the box 10 mins or so, is everything now normal ?

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 22:09:10 #115 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

humin

Yes and Gonzo mentioned that the help & info video previews had disappeared, which mine have. All the on demand windows are empty. Even the showcase videos don't fit the windows properly. The channel logos disappearing is the worst. It's been a lot longer than 10 mins. Was reasonably impressed with this device until this (only bought it on Boxing Day).

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 22:20:16 #116 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

humin - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Yes and Gonzo mentioned that the help & info video previews had disappeared, which mine have. All the on demand windows are empty. Even the showcase videos don't fit the windows properly. The channel logos disappearing is the worst. It's been a lot longer than 10 mins. Was reasonably impressed with this device until this (only bought it on Boxing Day).

Try installing this reset file and see if it resolves your issues.
    Click on the HDR 1000s link at the bottom
    http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 22:32:19 #117 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

humin

Thank you for that Gonzo. It seems to have fixed everything except for showcase previews and a couple of the channel logos, but maybe they just need a little time. Thanks again.

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 22:59:20 #118 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

humin - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you for that Gonzo. It seems to have fixed everything except for showcase previews and a couple of the channel logos, but maybe they just need a little time. Thanks again.

The showcase reviews and the catch up content needs downloading from your internet connection. Depending on the download speed your internet service provider (isp) offers it might take some time.

For a good estimate check the download speed you currently have using the BBC-I player speed check here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics

| Fri 10 Jan 2014 23:17:17 #119 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

My 2 penneth...
    I'm a regular USB playbacker with the unit ever since the PS3 went phut. Prior to tonight's session here it's been great with most files I've used, including copying to HD, making new folders and so on. Now it's not so good.. files dont play when selected, plus the new file management seems iffy.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 0:21:11 #120 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.