My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update Jan 2014

(242 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 
    Before you attempt sarcasm you should know what you are talking about

I really don't think any sarcasm was intended, it certainly didn't sound like sarcasm to me, not every user is going to have your depth of knowledge when it comes to the workings of Humax PVR's.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 0:56:14 #121 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

chipdave

Good morning.
    I'm hoping someone will help me.
    Since the update (I think) I can no longer pause live tv and there appears to be no buffer
    I have an HDR-1000S about 1 year old
    Everything else seems ok (Recordings etc )
    I've been searching posts for others having this problem, but I think it's only me

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 10:30:18 #122 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

OK here.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 11:03:10 #123 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

Pollensa1946 - 3 days ago  » 
    One improvement noted is the EPG is lots faster populating. Well done on that one.

Yes a very positive step by humax, taking the time to fix what was considered on this forum to not even be an issue. It's maybe a good job Humax pay scant regard to what gets said on here. I seem to remember a senior member going to great lengths (including making a video and counting frames) to prove that this problem did not exsist. There were even those who suggested that we (who complained about the problem) must be using the remote in an illogical or even wrong way to even experience the problem.
    None the less the developers have recognised the fault and fixed it, well done. Now get the DNLA client sorted and post code anomolies sorted out.
    This box could be a good product yet, shame it has to take so long but such is life.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 11:03:50 #124 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

chipdave - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Good morning.
    I'm hoping someone will help me.
    Since the update (I think) I can no longer pause live tv and there appears to be no buffer
    I have an HDR-1000S about 1 year old
    Everything else seems ok (Recordings etc )
    I've been searching posts for others having this problem, but I think it's only me

Try a Factory Reset, it will destroy your Planned Recordings schedule but leave any Recordings intact.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 11:17:24 #125 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

sorbiegunnerou - 22 minutes ago  » 
    ...This box could be a good product yet...

Problem is that Freesat/Humax are focused on continually adding new features when what's needed is to focus entirely on cleaning up all the minor irritations in the base product. Every time they add a new feature they seem to destabilise the existing code.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 11:31:16 #126 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dar2008

The YouTube streaming is working great to the FreeTime box, however I think I've found a bug...

If the FreeTime box is on a non-HD channel when I start streaming, everything works well.
    If the FreeTime box is on a HD channel when I start streaming, the picture is fine, but if I get no sound at all on any YouTube videos.

My FreeTime box is HDMI'd through my Pioneer Amp with the picture passing on to the Samsung screen, so I don't know if this issue would still occur without an amp in the chain.

Can anyone else test / confirm my results - no YouTube sound when launching streaming having been on a HD channel?

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 11:52:08 #127 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

dar2008 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    The YouTube streaming is working great to the FreeTime box, however I think I've found a bug...
    If the FreeTime box is on a non-HD channel when I start streaming, everything works well.
    If the FreeTime box is on a HD channel when I start streaming, the picture is fine, but if I get no sound at all on any YouTube videos.
    My FreeTime box is HDMI'd through my Pioneer Amp with the picture passing on to the Samsung screen, so I don't know if this issue would still occur without an amp in the chain.
    Can anyone else test / confirm my results - no YouTube sound when launching streaming having been on a HD channel?

Yes I concur, I am able to get the same result via optical.
    Launch YouTube from an SD channel = sound, Launch YouTube from a HD channel = no sound.
    Well done on working this one out
    Now all we need to do is get to the bottom of the random blank screen issue.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 12:05:54 #128 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Same for me as well.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 12:40:26 #129 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Another Blank Screen with no audio.

I was getting very impatient with that STUPID on screen SHADOW last night and I was pressing the back button (after play) to remove it, must of pressed it twice as playback stopped and I returned to the recordings menu. Then I couldn't get the programme I was watching (Naked Nuns with Big Guns ) to play. After exiting recordings to a BLANK screen I pressed exit and got the picture back and could then play my recordings again. Then the resume didn't work and I had to fast forward NNWBG to the point I accidentally stopped it.

Not that bothered about the odd blank screen but I really hate that shadow.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 13:43:41 #130 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.