My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update Jan 2014

(242 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sherbet66

REPASSAC - 3 hours ago  » 

Sherbet66 - 1 hour ago  » 
    DLNA Server seems to be improved, this now see's all movies/tv shows on my Windows Home Server however it does not play the .mkv's , it does generate a "file format not supported" message rather than trying to play these and fail with a black screen as before.

You mean client not server.

Yep

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 15:20:28 #31 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Blueberryman - 4 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 

Blueberryman - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham, I'm not talking about recorded programmes, that's always been a problem because they don't show times, only dates.
    I'm talking about the planned recordings schedule. This jpeg shows what I see today. Compare it with my previous jpeg.

Right - sorry. Not sure why you need the time though.

It's useful to see times, otherwise you have to try to set another recording and see if it clashes. Previously, a quick glance at the schedule would immediately tell you if recording another programme was possible.
    Just think it's a backwards step to remove useful information from the display. There is certainly room on the display to show it.
    I expect Freesat/Humax had a good reason to do it.

Even if there is a clash when setting a recording it will give you an alternative time to record if there's a repeat.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 16:56:21 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariner

Anyone noticed a problem with 'On Demand' accessed via the 'TV Guide'?

Unable to see any earlier progs via this method but can access progs via Home-On Demand method.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 17:02:46 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dar2008

Barry - 1 day ago  » 
    Freesat would appear to have missed some interesting points off the change list:
    1. Recordings now have Today, Yesterday or date annotated to them, similar in timers list.
    and
    2. You can have some fun now with youtube and a tablet, look carefully at the tablet youtube screen, in top right hand corner, for tv icon you can opt to play on your freetime box without pairing now, just select the appropriate device id (if you are lucky enough to have more then one freetime unit) Device id as appears in system info.

I'm interested in how point 2 is working. My HDR1000s has updated and has always had a wired connection to my router. When I run YouTube on my iPad I do see the TV icon at the top, but the only options selecting that gives me is for my Samsung TV (ie: not via the Freetime box). How can I get my Device ID to appear in this drop down, what am I missing?

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 19:27:13 #34 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Interesting, it just happened completely automatically for me on Android tablet. Welcome to the forum.

Has your box acquired a device ID ?

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 19:47:11 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

When I run YouTube on my iPad I do see the TV icon at the top, but the only options selecting that gives me is for my Samsung TV (ie: not via the Freetime box).

You're one step ahead of me. No TV icon when I run YouTube on mt iPad, even though I do have a Samsung connected TV as well as the freetime box.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 19:48:55 #36 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 7 minutes ago  » 

When I run YouTube on my iPad I do see the TV icon at the top, but the only options selecting that gives me is for my Samsung TV (ie: not via the Freetime box).

You're one step ahead of me. No TV icon when I run YouTube on mt iPad, even though I do have a Samsung connected TV as well as the freetime box.

No idea if your Samsung TV is compatible, your hdr should provide an ID ? Have you rebooted your box since the upgrade ? Were you recording at the time ? In settings have you a Freesat ID ?

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 19:57:17 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Have you rebooted your box since the upgrade ?
    Yes
    Were you recording at the time ?
    No
    In settings have you a Freesat ID ?
    No. And when I go to the website I get no option to register, just a blurb saying I'll be able to register for an ID after the app is available.

I don't have any problem pairing the TV with iPad Youtube so it's evidently compatible, nevertheless no TV icon appears when I'm running iPad YouTube.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 20:18:32 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dar2008

I'm in the same situation as JamesB. I'm curious as Barry stated he could use this functionality without the need for a pairing code (or presumably registering at freesat)?

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 20:29:01 #39 |
  10. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

JamesB - 8 minutes ago  » 

Have you rebooted your box since the upgrade ?
    Yes
    Were you recording at the time ?
    No
    In settings have you a Freesat ID ?
    No. And when I go to the website I get no option to register, just a blurb saying I'll be able to register for an ID after the app is available.
    I don't have any problem pairing the TV with iPad Youtube so it's evidently compatible, nevertheless no TV icon appears when I'm running iPad YouTube.

I think what Graham should of asked was do you see a Device ID under System Information?
    Nobody has a Freesat ID yet until the app gets launched.
    The Device ID is what you should be seeing when the little screen icon is selected and you should also see it under Connected TVs in the YouTube app settings.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 20:33:41 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.