My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update Jan 2014

(242 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

grahamlthompson - 13 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 48 seconds ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    While watching a live broadcast I go into Recordings, select a recording and Watch Now or Resume. Press Back repeatedly until you get back to the live broadcast. Problem is I get a blank, black screen with no sound. Only way to clear this is to change channels.
    Not good, do these guys ever test a release?

Just tried this, Watching Waterloo Rd live, selected a previous recording and played back, pressed back/back etc to get back to Waterloo Rd, absolutely no problem. To mirror your question, why do you assume everyone else has the same issue ?
    Basically why do you assume everyone else has the same issue as you do, without simply asking if anyone else can reproduce the issue ?
    I am the first to freely admit if I can reproduce the problem, I cannot, can any one else ? A somewhat less belligerent attitude may help to actually identify what might be causing the issue in your case.
    Had you asked for help I rather think the cause of your problem might more easily be identified ?

I see you have somewhat retracted your post. As I always use full surround hardly surprising not able to re-produce. Also not surprising you are the first to report same.

Hi Graham,
    I have exactly the same problem as Pollensa, ie: Screen blanking etc. after using the Back button. Definitely a bug introduced with this update. Also choosing "Watch in HD" from popup menu when using the EPG to select channel it changes to HD but loops back to the EPG display.
    Bob
    ps. Screen blanking and no sound also now happened when using back button to return from settings to live tv, definite bug with use of the back button.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 23:03:35 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 29 minutes ago  » 

While watching a live broadcast I go into Recordings, select a recording and Watch Now or Resume. Press Back repeatedly until you get back to the live broadcast. Problem is I get a blank, black screen with no sound. Only way to clear this is to change channels.

A somewhat less belligerent attitude may help...

Try it yourself mate. In fact on reflection I wonder who the hell you think you are to lecture posters on this forum about the content and flavour of their posts.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 23:11:02 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

See my post above yours Pollensa, Definitely a bug...

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 23:15:42 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Am I the only person to be totally underwhelmed by this "update" ?

1. Box still boots into the silly program guide.
    2. DLNA client only recognises 1024 files, OK it's an improvement on before but still not usable
    3. No longer displays time of programs to be recorded. I know it tells you if you try and record something which clashes but I found the time useful for other reasons.

Is there a way to disable the annoying "watch this in hd" banner when you switch to bbc/itv ?
    Similarly, anyway to turn off the prompt when a trailer is being shown ?

Afraid I don't really see this as a major improvement and assume they just took a long holiday since the last update in July.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 23:54:02 #54 |
  5. chistery

chistery

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 

dar2008 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I do see my Samsung TV listed there, as always, but would prefer to also see the Freetime box - is there another step I need to take?
    (Irrelevant to my question, and just for info, although I can stream to my Samsung TV, I am usually watching TV via my Freetime box so would prefer the option to stream to that otherwise I have to change audio inputs to the TV Tuner to get sound)

Afaik it happened completely automatically for everyone, but I don't know of anyone with multiple devices. Can you see the HDR with the TV off ?

I can see two devices on my youtube app, my Chromecast and the Humax.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 8:54:57 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Dec,

You are not alone! I can still find my RGB problem that I reported a while back. I even sent a dvd recording to Humax Customer services, who then sent it to their Techincal dept & they AGREE there is a "defect" & suggest I simply switch off & wait "patiently" for a few minutes (maybe time to make a cup of tea or even coffee?). The problem is still there! on this new update Ok nothing to really worry about if you don't notice it, but problem is still there & does affect operation if you use scart to record to DVD Recorder for backup - it only happens if you switch unit off to standby & then if you suddenlt turn back on again it changes to CVBS mode. (Why would you want to do this - you may have forgotten to add sonething to EPG schedule & gone back into machine quickly - I seem to be the only one that has spotted this error). With regards new software amendments, I have noticed that left hand menu when moving cursor up & down enlarges the text highlighted. Although clearer, as you move down menu, it gives the impression of "wave action" as text alongside moves & makes me feel ill looking at it. Would anyone else agree? I also notice they have now made the playback banner at the bottom of screen BLUE & banner darkens the picture until it disappears from screen. I'm trying to remember what it was like before. I think it was a green banner & only faint in background? I expect as I use the machine I will discover other points. Will report back. Dec, you are not alone. Humax seem to have rushed out this machine with the "help" from Freesat Freetime. Will be a great product once they have resolved issues + also if they can add a feature to allow the favourites list to remain "ON" & instead of having to keep repeating yourself on keystrocks on remote. This si very frustrating with so many channels! Roll on next update!

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 10:49:50 #56 |
  7. x6tus

x6tus

Ok, definitely like the improved speed.

Don't like the flashing info overlay message for more info or record now when programs are being advertised.

Coming out of iPlayer with the exit button, or coming out of a recording with the back button leaves me at a blank/black screen. Have to press up/down channel for it to go back to normal TV.

Everything else okay. Looking forward to the iPhone app.

Gareth.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 11:00:59 #57 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 12 hours ago  » 

Try it yourself mate. In fact on reflection I wonder who the hell you think you are to lecture posters on this forum about the content and flavour of their posts.

I did and cannot reproduce it as I posted. Can anyone else ?

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 11:15:19 #58 |
  9. x6tus

x6tus

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 12 hours ago  » 

I did and cannot reproduce it as I posted. Can anyone else ?

Yes both from recordings and iPlayer (see my previous post).

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 11:21:51 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

To follow up on the black screen problem... I've done a Factory Reset and this problem persists. Not on every channel but a hard, persistent problem on many channels. ITV2 for example this morning.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 11:43:10 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.