My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Software Update Stuck on 50%

(90 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

steviem

Thanks, JPDoc.

Will return to USB solution using Version .13 and a 'long wait' once 'other half' releases it to me for long enough.

Don't have Broadband for WiFi/Network update.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 21:50:06 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

moodyblue2

Sorted! (I hope)

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 22:14:02 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JoeSchmoe

Same problem here, spent the whole day trying to sort it out. Did the unplugging the box for a while, trying to update via USB, wearing my lucky pants etc. but still got stuck on 50%. (Updating from 1.02 loader version).

Decided to try it one last time with OTA update about an hour and a bit ago and it suddenly decided to install it. Very odd as I did nothing particularly different - I suppose I may have left it unplugged slightly longer maybe. (I wondered if they changed the transmitted update).

Only issue was when it restarted it had lost all functionality (recording, media etc.) but turning it off and on again resolved it.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 22:26:15 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

farr

My father is having the same problems as everyone on this forum but, as he does not have internet access, he can't use the usb method. I am miles away on the other end of a telephone. I have told him to switch off tonight and try again tomorrow in the hopes that Humax will get the update via aerial sorted out soon.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 22:27:16 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

arthurb

Hello,

I have spent most of today (Thurs. 26/3) trying to get the Vers 1.01.13 OTA update to complete, but it refuses; as with moodyblue it seems to complete the download (after 1hr 24min) but will not install it; the installer hangs-up and waits for about 5 mins and then re-starts the download. The box (HDR-2000T + wifi dongle) will, of course do nothing else - it is unusable. Having seen this forum thread, which was the only reference to this problem found by Google, I tried to install from USB. The first stick didn't work, but the second did manage something: the same results as before but much quicker, and the SanDisk USB drive flashed its LED to show it had been accessed. However we were still in the same position as before. We, my wife and I, tried again, and she perservered with the tapping of the Channel-Down 'V' for several minutes, and the Hummy booted up, and is currently working!

HOWEVER: it ONLY works if the USB stick is inserted, and the Menu tells me that I am running on the previous software version that we have been using for some time (i.e. V 1.00.07). So something is seriously wrong; without the USB stick inserted the Hummy starts the OTA download immediately at start-up (no options).

I am convinced that the V 1.01.13 update file is corrupt, and the Hummy software is not able to tell that the file download is finished.

I will try leaving the Hummy powered-off all night, and try again tomorrow, but if that fails I will want Humax to sort this out for me quickly and for free.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 22:54:55 #25 |
  6. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

@arthurb: it seems like there is a problem with updating from 1.00.07 straight to 1.01.13 OTA. From posts earlier in this thread, it is to do with an accompanying loader update. Try downloading the previous version (1.01.06) here, unzip the folder and copy the update file to the USB stick and try to update. The OTA update to 1.01.13 should then work OK. Alternatively, check that the correct file (hdr2000t_upgrade.hdf) is on the root of your USB stick and try installing 1.01.13 again. The fact that you still have version 1.00.07 on your box indicates that your previous attempt to update didn't work.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 0:14:53 #26 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum arthurb:-)

OTA file is not corrupt, I have successfully updated a unit, albeit with a later loader.

The problem lies with units and loader 1.02, the loader reboots the unit before the update is written to flash, updating from usb appears to be the only option presently, this definitely works, I have updated a unit with 1.00.07 and loader 1.02 straight to 1.01.13 numerous times today, and I'll repeat you have to read the update instructions carefully.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 0:15:48 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Redcar

justinhill - 13 hours ago  » 
    My own 2000T didn't have this problem. Also, it's connected to the internet.
    My girlfriend provides professional support to a profoundly deaf and house-bound older lady who -guess what - has a 2000T with loader 1.02 she relies on for entertainment. My girlfriend's 4 hour shift today turned into a whole day trying to get the box working again for her. In the end she ripped it out and brought it to me this evening. I've just got it working and here's what I did:
    I plugged it in place of my own unit - including the network connection - but without the aerial connection. When it first started up it kept looping around trying to do the update and saying there was no signal and it would restart. Then I pulled the power plug out, plugged it back in and repeatedly pressed the down arrow button. Eventually it came up with the standard 'bad signal' message. I went into the menu, confirmed the network settings were OK and then switched off from the remote. When I switched on again it announced a software update was available and proceeded to download and install it - using the internet - in about two minutes. then it re-booted and I connected the aerial.
    It's working fine now and my girlfriend will take it back to its owner in the morning.
    Internet connection: for anyone who's not sure, most standard broadband router setups have 'DHCP' which means the humax box will self-configure immediately if plugged into the router using a standard RJ45 network cable. You just need to click 'save settings'.

Thanks JustinHill, this worked for me.

I couldn't get the usb working as there was no flashing light on the usb once I'd plugged it in (the box wasn't 'seeing' the usb I guess).

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 10:31:30 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

caliban

How long does a factory reset usually take on an HDR2000T?

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 10:49:45 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

It is clear from reading various posts that some posters have not followed the instructions for using the USB stick to the letter. Posts like I the unit could not see the USB in storage etc. confirms this.

I have used USB for the previous upgrade (Cruzer) without any issues. What I did do though was when powering up the unit I made sure the channel down button was already pressed and I kept it pressed until the TV screen provided confirmation that the update was working. I did not do any tapping of the channel down button.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 11:04:45 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.