My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Software Update Stuck on 50%

(90 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

steviem

Success! Unplugged overnight then tried USB again but no success.
    Used MENU to select Auto Software Upgrade. The info screen now showed it was picking Version .13 but with Loader 1.02 (correct for my machine) rather than yesterday's 1.04. After usual 90 minutes and 50%, it immediately went into Install mode with full Restart after 2 minutes more.
    It also upgraded Loader to 1.04, as you said, Barry. Thanks for your support. I will be keeping an eye on this site for more beneficial info.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 11:08:32 #31 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You are welcome, thank you for the update.

Surprisingly a unit with 1.00.07 and loader 1.02 updated via OTA this morning on first pass as per previous post, why? - reverting unit and trying again - glutton for punishment

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 12:48:13 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Redcar

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 
    It is clear from reading various posts that some posters have not followed the instructions for using the USB stick to the letter. Posts like I the unit could not see the USB in storage etc. confirms this.
    I have used USB for the previous upgrade (Cruzer) without any issues. What I did do though was when powering up the unit I made sure the channel down button was already pressed and I kept it pressed until the TV screen provided confirmation that the update was working. I did not do any tapping of the channel down button.

I did not tap the channel down button either.

I followed instructions for using the usb but it it not work.

I followed instructions for using an ethernet cable and it did work.

People need to know which instructions work, I think that it's a lottery and that they need to try both before giving up.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 12:54:09 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichT

Thanks everyone, I was pulling my hair out on this one. I've not forgotten the London Olympics Red Button channels fiasco affecting Foxsat HDR back in 2012. (Humax issued a software patch after about 4 days).

After having all the same problems as everyone else with this OTA software upgrade for 2000T, I tried the USB method this morning.

I got the software from here,

[url=http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=442&pid=6][/url]

Then stuck it on the USB Stick. The sequence of events was then :-

1. Insert USB Stick
    2. Start tapping the down arrow
    3. Power up Humax.

The USB was recognised after a few seconds (it's own LED and confirmation by events on the TV). The download and progress bars then moved rapidly and the whole thing was downloaded and installed in under a minute. I kept on tapping the down arrow just in case.

Finally, remove the USB, power off using the remote, then all worked fine at the restart. The menu confirms version 13 software is installed.

Thanks all.

RT

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 13:05:56 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ClaireT

Joined this morning because of the same problem. Following Steviem's method and fingers X it seems to be working. I only switched off for a short time and accessed the Menu immediately powered back on. It's now loading using 1.02 correct for my machine. We only bought it on Wednesday, set up yesterday and so the trouble this morning was quite a shock!

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 13:08:06 #35 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Caveat, both scenarios have worked for me twice but no guarantees.

1. If stuck in update loop, and you have not tried disconnecting power before then, disconnect power, wait 30 secs, reapply power and immediately touch and keep touching the channel down button, humax splash will appear/disappear, keep touching until a picture appears, then carry out factory reset.

2. If you have already tried disconnecting power then unit will not boot to on, but boots to standby even though you were touching channel down, so touch standby button on front of unit and immediately touch and keep touching the channel down button until a picture appears, then carry out factory reset.

As you can imagine it has been a bit mind numbing carrying out so many OTA tests, so going to leave it there for time being. As stated previously the ideal solution is to perform a usb update.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 17:25:35 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jhc

USB update didn't work for me - probably because I don't know anything about USB formats. However, after hours and hours of endless, fruitless so-called software updates the only thing that seems to have worked is switching everything off for a couple of hours.
    Why are they broadcasting updates which don't work???????????????

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 19:10:11 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Keetch

HDR2000T/1.02. After many hours of continually downloading the update, rather than switch off the power, I disconnected the aerial lead at the back of the Humax which prompted an error message saying no signal. I left this for about 30 minutes and then reconnected the aerial lead. The download started again, and after 90 minutes and 50% complete,the box seemed to freeze for about 10 minutes, then sprung back into life and completed the update.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 19:11:56 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

robbie73

This update was rubbish. I woke up 6.30 to an update that was already in progress at about 80%. The download OTA completed but wouldn't install and the entire process was stuck at 50%.
    I went to work and came home and tried the USB method. I used a usb pen that already had recordings from the humax 1800T on it so i knew it was recognised. It pick up the update. I cleared and reformatted the 4GB (fat 32) the pen drive and put the .hdf on it and then insterted intothe turned off humax. I held down the 'V' and powered up and every other permutation. The pen drive l.e.d flashed during boot, but sod all happened. So i tried form the menu to manual update. Settings > Installation > Software Update > Manual Update only gives me channel scan settings (channel, frequency and transmisson).. no pen usb update option. then i tried OTA again and it took over 3 hours (27 mb). but finally it installed. the annoying thing is, the 1800t that i have does not have wifi option enabled, so no need for new drivers... the reason for the .13 update!! I've never had a humax before. i won't get another one after this experience. they dont know what they are at!

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 20:09:12 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

arthurb

AT LAST ...

we have a working Hummy again - on V1.01.13 software.

There seem to have been two issues:

1. The update file, or at least the one sent OTA, was corrupt; it would appear that it would not install on some devices, and, when it failed, it could prevent the user from recovering the situation. Whether or not the failure occurred, or whether the update error could be bypassed probably depends on what software, and possibly hardware, level you were on before the update was invoked; I am not convinced that it was just an issue with the Loader version. Thanks to MontysEvilTwin for drawing my attention to the Loader version.
    However, when I allowed an OTA update to proceed this afternoon, the result was the same as yesterday - a looping download without the install/copy. But the update file was changed by Humax yesterday.

2. I could not get the USB update to work, despite the fact that the device could see the USB drive. Indeed, as I said yesterday, having the USB drive in when powering-up (i.e. mains off->on not standby), prevented the update process from starting and thus allowed the thing to be used last night (kept my wife happy). I tried 3 different USB drives, all with V1.01.13 and V1.01.06, but nothing worked. Then a thought came to me: they all had device names (e.g. Toshiba USB drive or some such). I found another, old one but it had a device name and had the same result. Finally I managed to find an old Gigabyte drive which did not have a name, and .... it worked! There was other stuff on there too, but I genuinely believe the absence of a device name was critical. I thought of it because when the USB drive was recognised by the device, as a storage device after boot-up, and I tried to look at Media data (there was none), it showed the 'upper folder' sign, so I thought, why?

So, if you have trouble with a USB drive for updating, make sure it does not have a device name (e.g. SanDisk Ultra) as it may make a difference.

| Fri 27 Mar 2015 20:21:07 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.