My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Software Update Stuck on 50%

(90 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ClashCityRocker

My Mum, in her 80's, panicked when she got the software update message last week when she turned her HDR/2000T on last week and turned the box off and turned it back on again after 10 minutes to watch a programme she had recorded. Checked the software she has yesterday and she has the latest software. Was it installed automatically at another time? The box is not connected to broadband.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 13:35:01 #51 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Will have been updated automatically during the overnight check for new software.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 13:57:35 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ClashCityRocker

Cheers. I thought that the 2000T did not do an automatic overnight software update like her old 9150T where you could set it to update at a certain time in the night. I thought that it would only update when the update was first broadcast and you got the message when you switched the box on or you ran the 'automatic' software update.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 14:08:18 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sanfro

Could you please tell me what size USB is required to update the software.
    Thanks.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 15:03:34 #54 |
  5. Gort

Gort

Sanfro - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Could you please tell me what size USB is required to update the software.
    Thanks.

The software is less than 30Mb. I'm sure you have a USB stick larger than that.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 15:25:07 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RussB644

Dear All, Problems with my mum's HDR2000T following an overnight OTA upgrade attempt left her machine rotating through a series of failed ongoing upgrades where it moved through 0-100% indicating it was upgrading but never completing the upgrade. It was like this for around eight hours. I was preparing to try a USB upgrade attempt, albeit I was going to have to drive 80 miles to do it, but thanks to this forum and those that have contributed, we followed suggestions here doing the following:
    1) left the power on
    2) removed the aerial leaving it for approx. 60 mins
    3) reconnected the aerial following which it began the upgrade cycle again
    4) after 90 mins it completed the upgrade.
    Can I extend my thanks for this discussion thread which helped us solve this issue

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 23:09:27 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tim Cumper

Thanks guys - I found this most useful, finding the ariel download stuck in a loop.

Following various advice, downloaded the file to a USB stick.
    Powered off.
    Disconnected ariel.
    Powered on and immediately hit menu key on remote, to prevent continued attempt at ariel download.
    HDR 2000t found the file on the usb stick with no further prompting - downloaded and installed in a matter of minutes - updating the loader in the process.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 0:26:02 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dorboy

Success with brand new 2000T (1Tb) from John Lewis. It came with Loader 1.02 and v 1.00.07 firmware. Switched on for Grand Prix this am and have been struggling since. Previous post gave the secret:

1) Unplug Humax (remove power plug from mains) aerial still in.
    2) Plug in USB stick with hdf file in top directory in front USB socket
    3) Plug in power again and, as soon as red light appears, hit the standby to make it blue and immediately keeping hitting the V button for a minute or two when the upgrade takes place. If the light goes red, hit standby again and keeping hitting V.
    4) Then I think it tells you to press standby again to resume viewing, or something like that

Note, you don't have to leave the mains off for any time.

Good luck!

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 13:02:34 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dorboy

StuartE was the earlier post with the key info (& Barry, of course), so thanks to them.
    Now I am going to see if I can make the dongle work...

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 13:08:14 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sanfro

Thank you all for your help. USB update didn't work but after going through the motions with the USB at least I got the programmes back. Hopefully can perform an upgrade another time when I have brought more USBs with me as I'm at a holiday place at the moment. May find the same thing when I get home as I also bought one fir my kitchen. Thank you all again.

| Sun 29 Mar 2015 16:46:03 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.