My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

"This channel is unavailable or scrambled" ?

(43 posts)
  1. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Barry, is there going to be an update for this issue on the HDR T2?

I've had recordings with the same issue a few times since, and the fix in the custom firmware does resolve it each time. The fix is to recreate the encryption flags in the hmt file.
    So the problem is around creation of the hmt file for the first recording/s following a retune/box reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Tue 27 Jan 2015 22:21:00 #31 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I'll see if I can get latest on this tomorrow.

| Tue 27 Jan 2015 23:58:38 #32 |
  3. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Cheers mate

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 0:43:36 #33 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Still being looked into is the latest.

As you are aware it is not something that can be replicated as and when. I've not been able to replicate for a while.

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 15:54:35 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

just for info...
    tends to happen after a re-tune for me on the first bbc3 and bbc4 HD recording thereafter.

I tend not to record much bbc3, but it happened a few weeks ago after a re-tune on bbc4 HD. I notice it on double back to back programmes like Wallander, Spiral etc. and it'll always be the first one that fails and once I've had one fail for that channel all is okay until the next time I re-tune.

Most times I notice it before the series has ended and simply catch up on iplayer. One day, if I'm bored enough, I may investigate further.
    I've assumed it's an entry in a DB file either missing for bbc3/4 HD or corrupt and it needs the first recording to overwrite or insert it, there was a fix/update for the bbc3/4 HD .nts issues and I'm guessing it's linked to the way the code handles the newer bbc3/4 HD channels.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I have experienced it once only on a separate occasion, watching bbc1 HD, chase play, around 15-20mins behind and after a couple of hours I got the scrambled message. Rewinding back was fine, but anything after the latest 20mins and onwards was scrambled. Never had it before or since and clearly a different problem to the bbc3/4 HD first recorded after re-tune failures.

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 16:47:18 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ja020

I had this happen last night. Was watching itv1 hd on a time lapse recording, about 3 minutes behind live action, when suddenly got this message. Going straight to live channel and it was OK.First time I have experienced this in about 3 years of having the T2, so not sure if this an issue?

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 10:51:26 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

chrisdaniels - 2 months ago  » 
    Barry, is there going to be an update for this issue on the HDR T2?
    I've had recordings with the same issue a few times since, and the fix in the custom firmware does resolve it each time. The fix is to recreate the encryption flags in the hmt file.
    So the problem is around creation of the hmt file for the first recording/s following a retune/box reset.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HDR FOX T2 - Another recording failure like this on BBC4 HD at the weeekend. The film 'Grand Prix'. This the first one for some time and was the first recording on BBC4 HD / BBC3 HD since I retuned the box for the 'Spike' Channel update last week. The box has the standard firmware.

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 11:06:59 #37 |
  8. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I have seen this a number of times. It seems to be triggered by a retune. As stated above, a flag gets incorrectly set in the hmt file that makes the recording appear to be unencrypted so the HDR-FOX does not decrypt on playback, and the file is thus scrambled. If you are familiar with using a hex editor, you could ftp the hmt file to a PC or tablet, fix the error (change the variable at address 028E to '03') and copy back to the HDR-FOX. Otherwise installing the custom firmware and running the 'fixencflags' diagnostic will make your recording playable.

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 13:04:45 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

MontysEvilTwin - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have seen this a number of times. It seems to be triggered by a retune. As stated above, a flag gets incorrectly set in the hmt file that makes the recording appear to be unencrypted so the HDR-FOX does not decrypt on playback, and the file is thus scrambled. If you are familiar with using a hex editor, you could ftp the hmt file to a PC or tablet, fix the error (change the variable at address 028E to '03') and copy back to the HDR-FOX. Otherwise installing the custom firmware and running the 'fixencflags' diagnostic will make your recording playable.

I'm not much of a 'techie' I'm afraid...As a workaround I'll try a dummy recording after I retune next time........Although by then Humax may have fixed it!

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 16:34:16 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

I'm still getting these intermittant failures to record. Another one last night on BBC4. Does anyone know if Humax are still working on a resolution? It's been 17 months now since the update which appeared to intoduce the problem.

Gerry

| Thu 24 Sep 2015 18:16:06 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.