My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

TV Portal stopped working

(80 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spanner2

Wrinkly Diz - 12 hours ago  » 
    I have two HD-Fox T2 boxes and have experienced the same problem as other owners of this device when trying to access TV Portal. I conclude that it is a problem with Humax and not the equipment itself as everything else works OK. I have emailed Humax support and as yet not received a reply, I hope they will solve this issue.
    Admin Edit: Welcome to our Forum
    Post moved to an existing thread

That's interesting

Polite message to the Humax team ..... Any chance of an update, with our working hours, we've come to rely on our little Humax device and its Portal feature. Great bit of equipment (When they work)

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 20:24:38 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sorry to give you possibly bad news.

The newer HDR FOX T2 boxes have a later version 3 firmware upgrade. This restores the portal and other services. I have no idea if the HD FOX T2 will get the update. There is a way to persuade the box to be able to use the new software (see the threads on Hummy.TV). Unless you have the expertise I would not recommend the rather drastic fix.

Best advice is complain to Humax, if they get swamped by complaints they might fix it.

The issue is not technical (I guess), it's purely resource priority based.

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 20:52:27 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spanner2

grahamlthompson - 48 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry to give you possibly bad news.
    The newer HDR FOX T2 boxes have a later version 3 firmware upgrade. This restores the portal and other services. I have no idea if the HD FOX T2 will get the update. There is a way to persuade the box to be able to use the new software (see the threads on Hummy.TV). Unless you have the expertise I would not recommend the rather drastic fix.
    Best advice is complain to Humax, if they get swamped by complaints they might fix it.
    The issue is not technical (I guess), it's purely resource priority based.

Thanks for the reply .... Looks if I'll have to throw it in the bin then ( Sorry I mean responsibly dispose of it at s local authority waste and recycle centre) Don't think I'll replace it with another Humax device though

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 21:45:19 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spanner2

Actually on second thoughts, its back to Curry's and "Not fit for purpose" especially with newish European law

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 22:22:06 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lozian

Humax HD-FOX T2. Software KZTFT 1.02.29. Portal working normally with BBC iPlayer, You Tube etc. available until 2nd September 2014. After retune on 3rd September 2014 with channel reshuffle, portal now showing error "An error occurred whilst launching the application https://www.humaxportal.com/". and nothing happens except I feel it is running in the background and needs an 'exit' to move on and get back to any other operation.
    Router reporting 'connected' but no access to these services.

| Sun 7 Sep 2014 18:56:08 #15 |
  6. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I just received this in an email from Humax support.

Humax Support » Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

If you are experiencing portal issues still, it may mean you're not properly connected to the internet, to receive any updates you'll need to be.

Turn the Humax Box off at the mains.
    Turn the modem/router off at the mains for 5 minutes
    Then turn the modem/router on at the mains
    Then wait 5 minutes and turn the Humax Box On
    This should enable the box to have full access to the internet

If after performing these steps and you do not have access you will need to add your Humax Box in your modem/router as an exception with full access in your security settings.

You will need to ensure that the following ports are opened on your router for the Humax Box.

HTTP: 80
    HTTP: 8080
    SSL: 443

If you are not seeing the router/hub and cannot connect then the issue can be caused by the default WiFi encryption protocol on the router. Make sure that the Hub is set to "WPA" auto or "WPA-PSK"(Tkip). If the box is unable to connect then you would need to try the router on WEP temporarily to rule out any WiFi security issues.

You may need to have your ISP walk you through through the process of changing either the port information or the WiFi protocol.

I hope this means that the portal on the HD-FOX is fixed: but there is no absolute confirmation of this. The cynical little devil on my shoulder is telling me that this reply is just a way of stalling and blaming the user and their ISP for the Humax portal problems. I'll try it out later. If anyone has success using these instructions, please post and let us know.

| Mon 8 Sep 2014 14:15:00 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

MontysEvilTwin - 30 minutes ago  » 

If you are experiencing portal issues still, it may mean you're not properly connected to the internet, to receive any updates you'll need to be.

What updates?
    Is this aimed at someone having difficulty with a YouView box?

| Mon 8 Sep 2014 14:45:27 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Luke - 40 minutes ago  » 

MontysEvilTwin - 30 minutes ago  » 

What updates?
    Is this aimed at someone having difficulty with a YouView box?

YouView boxes don't feature the Humax TV Portal.

| Mon 8 Sep 2014 15:27:45 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

This is still not working. Same error message still appears. Has anyone been able to get this to work, and if so what have you done? Would love to have YouTube back.

| Thu 11 Sep 2014 18:05:51 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gingerplumbs

Another customer with same problems are humax going to do anything about it and when are we going to itv player and 4OD like everyone else ?
    I check my firmware is up to date , reset factory's setting too
    Please help Humax ???

| Fri 12 Sep 2014 9:44:59 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.