My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

TV Portal stopped working

(80 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gorgiz

Humax are aware of this and it is now FIVE weeks and no fix. I have today asked Amazon who I purchased the box from to intervene and raised a complaint with them. Amazon's buyers are going to investigate.
    It would seem they have no interest in fixing this problem with any speed as it is not a box that sells any longer.
    I suggest a co-ordinated campaign of negative press for HUMAX.
    This is an intolerable situation and very disrespectful.. They have not even posted a message on their website to alert owners of the HD Fox T2 that there is a problem. I spent hours troubleshooting, needlessly, as other have because Humax could not be bothered to advise us.
    I will NEVER again purchase from this company.
    Worst customer service in the world.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 16:18:06 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I suggest you start a class action, like in the States, and sue Humax for millions of $'s for the psychological damage it's caused. Imagine the hours of troubleshooting, not knowing whether Portal was going to work or not and even Humax not alerting the general population of the impending travesty, I'd have thought a text message warning me or something on twitter should have been broadcast, are the public safe? where do I sign up for a class action?
    Meanwhile, back in a spare room on planet earth, a HDFoxT2 I bought new for £69 a couple of years ago is still working really well, I tried portal to see what all the fuss was about, couldn't get iplayer which is all I've ever used portal for and within a couple of seconds I noticed a strange phenomenon in that it wasn't working so went back to using one of my other more than a dozen devices that offers iplayer etc., HDFoxT2 still working really well though. Well done Humax, and if you can give us a >1.03 update for the HDFoxT2 sometime then I'll be an even happier bunny

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 2:26:20 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithsuddick

Wow!

I logged in because my HD-Fox-T2 is having the same problem, I was hoping to find some update or advice.

@damian - I didn't expect to be greeted with the level of unhelpful sarcasm I've just read in your post - just where do you get off deciding how much of an inconvenience such a fault is to anyone but yourself?

I haven't had my box for that long and I paid considerably more for it than a cheap Freeview box I could have went with so I still expect Humax to support it and deal with such faults in a timely and appropriate manner. I too have alternatives I can turn to but that doesn't absolve Humax of their responsibilities.

Now I'll continue looking to see if anyone else has anything more helpful or constructive to say.

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 23:26:43 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Either an update from Humax will appear sooner or later, or it won't. There isn't anything else to say, we are entirely dependent on Humax for a fix,

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 23:29:05 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

keithsuddick

@Owen Smith - I see, that's pretty disappointing. When I bought my Humax box I was under the impression the company had a good reputation but my experience with support has been pretty bad.

I thought I would check on wether my box is up to date - it's running software version KZTFT 1.02.28 - I thought I had seen a reference to 1.02.29 somewhere but on the support pages the HD-Fox T2 doesn't seem to even exist - it's an appalling way to treat customers.

Is there a newer software version I should try to find?

| Mon 22 Sep 2014 23:47:35 #35 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You will find 1.02.29 via following link:

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freeview-hd-t2

| Tue 23 Sep 2014 0:02:49 #36 |
  7. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

@Keithsuddick. You might as well update to 1.02.29 but it won't fix the portal.

| Tue 23 Sep 2014 1:03:25 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

@Keithsuddick,
    I think it's pretty clear where I get off, you mention inconvenience, I see certain people dealing with their inconveniences every day... able bodied people take reserved spaces in front of supermarkets as it's too inconvenient for them to park a few rows back, likewise on a main road it's too inconvenient to drive a further 20-30m and walk back so they double park outside a cash point, newsagents, takeaway blocking the road for everyone. Too inconvenient to bin litter or take it home so they simply drop it, it's sheer arrogance coupled with the expectation that there should be others around to clear up after them or to be responsible or to take the blame. There are people in this world who suffer the inconvenience of not having running water or any sanitation and as reported recently walk a bit further for privacy and get killed.

On an inconvenience scale of 0 to 10, as far as HD Fox T2 portal not working for a few weeks, you're right, I decided for myself that the inconvenience to me is around 0.00 something and I treated the suggestion of "a co-ordinated campaign of negative press for HUMAX" and "This is an intolerable situation and very disrespectful" with contempt.
    Maybe I don't understand something here. Please enlighten me as to why people think it is so intolerable when an app, a very minor function, on a freeview box doesn't quite work for a while and why we should mount a co-ordinated negative campaign against Humax?

People's expectations are way out of line here. Many years ago I bought a video recorder reduced from £600 to £450, others were over £1000 with a year's guarantee. My HD Fox T2, bought a couple of years for £69, less than some people spend with Sky in a month or 15mins time with a solicitor, is still running really well - it's a brilliant piece of kit, due an update as a quick look through this forum will confirm. For the money I paid for it I can't see that Humax have treated me appallingly or any other HDFoxT2 customers.

Take a look at some of the competition, Pace brought out a HD satellite receiver and dropped all support, Philips HD freeview box - dropped, Sony PS freeview - had to pay for an update! no further development, the list goes on and those are the bigger names, you wouldn't be able to complain about the lack of support on cheaper boxes as you wouldn't know who or where they were made.

I'm sure if we were all paying £600 - £1000 for a Humax box then we could expect a timely and appropriate response to issues, but we're not paying premium prices. I don't know what sort of responsibilities people think Humax should have to an old design budget box that cost to buy outright less than some people spend on Sky in a month. I know for some people the cost of a HDFoxT2 can't be simply dismissed, but in any comparison it's not high end designer label £1000. It's also clear that there's been a recent problem with Portal and it's been hinted several times that there may at last be an update for the HDFoxT2 in the pipeline.
    Companies can always do better, Humax included, but compared to the competition Humax have a good record.

Whatever you were greeted with from my post#32 was purely in response to post#31.
    I'm not too sure... "just where do you get off deciding how much of an inconvenience such a fault is to anyone but yourself?" I'm not even sure if I understand the question, it's an app, a tiny part that stopped working a few weeks ago and nothing to do with the core functionality of a budget freeview box that still works fine. Anybody accessing this forum be it with pc, laptop, tablet etc. can access the same sort of function so we're not going to die, there may or may not be an update in the pipeline for a box well past its sell by date and people are advocating a negative press campaign and accusing Humax of treating their customers appallingly.
    Where do I get off?... I guess putting a bit of balance back in, it's a budget freeview box, not the end of the world.

| Tue 23 Sep 2014 5:27:19 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

blimpyboy

Might be missing something here, but I had the iPlayer portal problem last week. I then flashed to stock Humax 1.03.12 and everything worked again. Just to check, I've just watched the first 5 mins of last nights (Mon 22nd Sep) BBC4 'The Himalayan boy...' in HD and it played fine, honest!

I can't recall which software version I moved from, it was definitely a 1.02.xx version and I had installed the custom software over the top of that. Anyway, a clean 1.03.12 re-flash restored my portal feature.

Apologies if I'm mixing my issue up with something other than that dealt with in this thread.

| Tue 23 Sep 2014 7:55:40 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

That would be great except that 1.03.12 is not available for the HD Fox T2, only the HDR has it.

| Tue 23 Sep 2014 9:11:23 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.