My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

TV Portal stopped working

(80 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Blimpboy, I'm guessing you have the HDR- rather than the HD-FoxT2; although Graham did mention way back in post#12 of this thread a sort of workaround for the HD which works, but is at best fiddly and I guess not suitable for a lot of people. Glad you've got iplayer back though whichever box it is, you will/may now find the EPG slow and sluggish depending upon whether you scroll up and down or use the channel up/down to navigate it in jumps. Humax are aware of this.

| Tue 23 Sep 2014 12:48:44 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

This is the HD Fox T2 section, I assume everyone is talking about the HD Fox T2 in here unless they explicitly state otherwise. There is no 1.03.xx software release for the HD Fox T2.

| Tue 23 Sep 2014 13:22:40 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

roscoepcoltrane

Have tried all the suggestions as to resetting the Humax box and also my router and still not working.

As it is Strictly Come Dancing again this weekend and at later times, perhaps Humax should consider that they are alienating themselves from future potential customers as my 7 year old daughter is already telling her friends that iPlayer has stopped working because Humax have turned it off......

| Thu 25 Sep 2014 9:03:32 #43 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

roscoepcoltrane - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Have tried all the suggestions as to resetting the Humax box and also my router and still not working.
    As it is Strictly Come Dancing again this weekend and at later times, perhaps Humax should consider that they are alienating themselves from future potential customers as my 7 year old daughter is already telling her friends that iPlayer has stopped working because Humax have turned it off......

To be strictly accurate the BBC turned it off. The HD FOX T2 isn't alone in losing the service, I have seen posts that some Sony smart TV's have also lost the service.

Have you not got any other way of getting iplayer. It's available on so much kit these days.

Look at the free Windows WebPVRManager

http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html

PC's, Tablets and Smart Phones, Blu-ray players, media streamers are some of the many devices that can use iplayer.

| Thu 25 Sep 2014 9:19:02 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The £9.99 NowTV sub-Roku from Sky is a handy cheap way of getting catchup, as long as you've got a free HDMI slot.

| Thu 25 Sep 2014 9:40:56 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

roscoepcoltrane

Thanks for the response and the smiley face..... A check on the BBC iPlayer website actually states the HD FOX T2 is "certified" and so we should be seeing comments from Humax as to what they are doing to rectify this problem with the BBC.
    http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/information/humax

A company is only truly valued by customers on how they conduct their customer services and the level of support that is offered when there are issues.

I am fully aware of many ways to get iPlayer to my TV and the only reason I stuck with the HD FOX T2 was to stream media via DLNA and this going forward will be the only thing I use it for.

I just did a quick count up in my head and I have 3 Humax set top boxes at home along with a Humax TV in my loft that never really worked and 10+ friends and family who have taken my advice over the years and bought a Humax. Sadly the relationship is over and as JamesB is keen to mention, there are many ways other than a Humax and I will probably buy a media TV with DLNA and so not need a set top box any more.

Hasta Luego

ps
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/about/ourbusiness.php
    I suggest you revisit your mission statement as it seems to be a little outdated

| Sat 27 Sep 2014 10:49:00 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

as JamesB is keen to mention

Merely intended to be helpful. I'm not a secret Sky salesman

| Sat 27 Sep 2014 11:07:16 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gingerplumbs

So in a nut shell people Humax are still no more forward on the problem, would of been nice to from someone from humax just to give a update on the situation ....... Humax please responded ???

| Sat 4 Oct 2014 8:47:30 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spanner2

Forget Humax ..... Found my own solution in purchasing a WD TV, its a nice bit of kit.

To the poster above who stated that BBC has turned off IPlayer, remember we cant get on to any of the sets on line, Portal services.

Best bet is for Wireless & Digital (WD TV) or Roku one, two or three bits of kit.

| Sat 4 Oct 2014 11:55:09 #49 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

All is not lost.

Humax, resources permitting, intend to update iplayer and the browser so it supports the later version of portal, however this is not going to happen overnight.

More when I have it.

| Tue 7 Oct 2014 15:40:28 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.