My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1000s Automatic Power Down

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blythe

Hi,
    I have “lurked” here for a while and got a lot of good info – thanks to all.
    I have a Humax Freesat 1000s 1Tb. I use it during the day to listen to the radio without the TV being on. Since the last software update/rollback I cannot get the Automatic Power Down option to stay “Off”
    Settings – System Settings – Power Saving. Then Automatic power down and press OK to change to “Off”
    But it changes back to “On” – either overnight when it goes into standby, or sometimes randomly during the day when it is on. I can’t get it to “save”, am I missing something?
    From the General info screen I have:
    Software version UKSFAA 2.02.46
    Loader version UKSFAA 1.08
    Update date 20 JUL 2015
    I did not manually load the software after the problematic version was issued – I only had a couple of reboots so left things alone.
    The radio is on all day in the back ground with no intervention from me, after four hours off it goes but because the TV is not on I do not see the message the press OK if you want to continue.

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 11:21:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Strange - I have same box and software and no problem with auto power down. Just checked mine and it's OFF.

Suggest you make a note of your recording schedule (photograph with digital camera) and carry a factory reset.

Welcome to our forum.

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 11:57:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Could it be the TV that's powering down automatically? Is it off, or is it just the display that's off when you're on radio?

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 12:10:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blythe

Sorry, forgot to say I have tried a Factory reset and it made no difference.

The TV is off - I am listening to the Humax through an AV amp. That stays on, it is defo the Humax that powers down. The Humax display goes back to showing the time and not the radio station it was tuned to.
    If I power the Humax back up and turn on the TV and check the Auto Power Save setting it has turn back to "on"

Weird!

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 12:17:43 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I will find a 3hr window and listen to the radio with the TV off and see if I can replicate. Mine's connected to a Yamaha RXA-840 Aventage AV receiver.

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 12:38:21 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My box has been tuned to BBC World Service with TV off for 5hrs with no issues.

| Sat 12 Sep 2015 16:50:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blythe

Thanks for trying Graham.
    As I said, the problem I have is when I set Auto Power down to "off" it changes back to "on" seemingly over night when I put the box to sleep.
    I checked the setting last night, and it was "off". I have had the golf on this afternoon, and after around four hours got the about to power down, press enter to continue message, so its not just the radio. I checked the auto power down setting, and it was back on. I set it back off, but it will be back on tomorrow.
    Could it be a software corruption when the last download took place? I am loathe to do a manuall reload as when I last did that on my old Humax HDR, I managed to corrupt it completely! I can live with it and hopefully when/if theres another ota upgrade it will sort itself out.

| Sat 12 Sep 2015 17:21:13 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Blythe - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thanks for trying Graham.
    As I said, the problem I have is when I set Auto Power down to "off" it changes back to "on" seemingly over night when I put the box to sleep.
    I checked the setting last night, and it was "off". I have had the golf on this afternoon, and after around four hours got the about to power down, press enter to continue message, so its not just the radio. I checked the auto power down setting, and it was back on. I set it back off, but it will be back on tomorrow.
    Could it be a software corruption when the last download took place? I am loathe to do a manuall reload as when I last did that on my old Humax HDR, I managed to corrupt it completely! I can live with it and hopefully when/if theres another ota upgrade it will sort itself out.

TBH I am baffled, seems unlikely to be a corrupted update as everything else seems to work as it should. Can you try an experiment, tonight before shutting down check auto power off is off, shut the box down and re-boot. Is auto shut down still off (checking the setting isn't changed during boot up). If still on shut down and pull the power connector and restore in the morning. Is the setting still OK.

| Sat 12 Sep 2015 17:28:51 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would also check there is no auto power down on the amp.
    you mention four hours - I seem to remember the auto power down as three.

Does it forget any other settings?

You could try a reset to default (you will need to reenter your schedule / settings)

Edit: Graham faster than me - I needed to reread posts.

| Sat 12 Sep 2015 17:32:21 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Afterthought - If you have the clock displayed you must have turned off power saving in sby. Can you try enabling power saving as that is the setting I use (and I suspect so does Reppassac )

| Sat 12 Sep 2015 17:48:44 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.