My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100S freezing

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Fifer

We've only had our 1100S for less than a month, yet it has frozen twice already, refusing to respond to remote or physical controls, requiring a power cycle to recover. On both occassions, planned recordings were not made when the box was in the frozen state. We are already losing faith, not trusting the box to record reliably. Is this a common issue? Any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

| Wed 11 Nov 2015 0:06:21 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Usual advice is to try a factory reset see if that helps.

Is the unit well ventilated, ie not overheating?

| Wed 11 Nov 2015 9:31:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Interesting post as my 3 month old HDR1100 froze for the fist time at the weekend. It was recording at the time and stuck on the TV Guide so had to turn off at the mains to get it to reboot so lost recording!
    No problems since fortunately.
    Note Barry comment re overheating.I thought mine was running very warm so put a thermometer on it and recorded 36C. Does that sound about right and as should be expected?
    I

| Wed 11 Nov 2015 18:53:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Fifer

Thanks Barry. The unit is well ventilated with space around it - it's in a TV cabinet which has no doors or back and isn't above anything which generates heat and isn't near a radiator or heater. Also, the freezes both appear to have happened when the unit was in standby. Worked perfectly until switched off (or at least to standby) the previous evening but would not power up the following evening - about 20 hours later. Recordings programmed for a few hours earlier did not begin, suggesting the unit was already frozen then.

It seems that the unit freezes either when switched to standby, or later on when still in standby which I suspect points away from heat being an issue.

We'll probably try a factory reset, but will need to watch the recordings we've made first (assuming a factory reset means we lose existing recordings and programmed recording schedules?)

| Wed 11 Nov 2015 23:26:20 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A factory reset will not delete recordings, it will delete the schedule and any user settings you may have adjusted.

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 0:25:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Fifer

Thanks again Barry - I might give a factory reset a try at the weekend.

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 20:02:48 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Danbo

Just to add mine has done this at least twice now. It turns on but you cannot change the channel and it does not respond to the remote. The only fix is to pull the power...

| Wed 2 Dec 2015 10:43:37 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have you tired a factory reset?

| Wed 2 Dec 2015 11:16:35 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Danbo

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    Have you tired a factory reset?

No not yet. If it does it again I will.

| Wed 2 Dec 2015 12:38:12 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Danbo

^^^
    Well....
    Factory reset done. Both tuners telling me no satellite signal, when there was, proved by testing on another box.

Let's hope this isn't the start of problems..... Had 10 years of flawless Sky boxes - only swapped due to upgrades.

| Wed 2 Dec 2015 23:01:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.