My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100s Freezing / Needs Reboot

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

apwood

My elderly mother-in-law has a 1100S freetime box. She often complains (once or twicer per week) that she can't change channels and get to the TV guide. When this happens, she is unable to fix it herself, and so has no TV until I can visit. The only way I have found to fix this is to unplug the box and plug it back in.

Is this normal - could the box be faulty?

There doesn't seem to be an on-off switch? Is there any (EASY) way to reboot the box other than via the mains switch?

I haven't tried the possible solution of keying in 2850.

She only uses the box to watch freesat channels, and she has no network / internet connection.

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 18:38:20 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sounds like a HDMI-CEC problem - Disable this on TV (search for Brand and HDMI-CEC)

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 20:35:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

apwood

Thanks, I'll check that. Why would HDMI-CEC cause a problem though - isn't it supposed to make things easier to use?

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 21:38:23 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Multiple versions and releases - easy with devices that when on must have control and picture but a PVR does not sit well when recording in standby or a PVR using a sound system which does not want a picture.

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 21:50:22 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

apwood - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks, I'll check that. Why would HDMI-CEC cause a problem though - isn't it supposed to make things easier to use?

It's the insistance of one device controlling the power to the other that causes the issue. It's a really poorly thought out system.

Example I have my pvrs routed via a AV receiver which handles the audio and passes on the video to the TV. Just one HDMI cable and port on the TV is used. If I turn on CEC and then turn on the TV to find a radio programme to listen to. Once found the TV isn't needed so you turn it off. CEC turns off the power to the pvr providing the radio, result no radio

As I only ever use one HDMI in on the TV having it on is completely pointless.

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 21:52:00 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

apwood

I've checked. The tv is kdl-32v2500. It has vcr smart link but not hdmi-cec (bravia sync). So my original question still stands.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

| Sun 1 May 2016 13:36:52 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

When both the TV and HDR-1100S are on what does the TV do when you press the HDR-1000S standby button.

1. Nothing - blank screen.
    2. Changes to freeview.
    3. Turns off.

I ask because some TV's do not have a way of disabling HDMI-CEC.

| Sun 1 May 2016 14:56:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

apwood

The HDR-1000S turns off, the TV remains on the HDMI (AV-5) input, so it goes blank.

| Sun 1 May 2016 16:59:24 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

apwood

One thing I didn't mention, is that when it is "frozen", ie she cant' change channels and the TV Guide button stops working, the standby button also doesn't work. Even pressing the standby button on the box doesn't do anything, the box stays on until it is power-cycled by switching off at the mains.

| Sun 1 May 2016 17:01:10 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sounds like no HDMI-CEC.
    Could it be as simple as the TV being on the wrong source when the problem occurs.
    You mention once or twice a week - the other days all is OK?
    Does she always do the same things in the same sequence.

My Philips 'Smart' TV take quite some time to boot and I always need to switch it on just before my HDR-1000S.
    Since adopting this and disabling HDMI-CEC all has been perfect.

| Sun 1 May 2016 17:09:43 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.