My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

Tell us about your Humax Product

(184 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

oliverb

The HDR FOX-T2 I have now has worked very well for a few years, though lately it has been giving trouble (posted elsewhere). Things I like are how the scheduled recording mostly just works, things I don't like are how the pop up messages are not clear enough, how the option to switch to HD blocks other functions, and the perpetual problem of consecutive recordings getting cut short, surely by now someone should have come up with a way of having a five minute "splice" that is added to both recordings.

It's my second Humax box, the first one was a disaster and went back within a month, I forget which model it was but I think it was another one that was released with rough firmware then fixed later.

I'm not a "power user", I've played with the idea of having a media server but then I'd have to copy stuff onto it.

I did experiment with converting down some recorded files a year or two ago, but gave up when I found that I was stuck with out-of-sync sound. A tool called Haali media splitter could convert "TS" files and maintain sync but it introduced annoying video artefacts and outputted "mkv" files that were difficult to process further. "Handbrake" looks promising though.

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 11:59:30 #171 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

oliverb - 7 minutes ago  » 
    the perpetual problem of consecutive recordings getting cut short, surely by now someone should have come up with a way of having a five minute "splice" that is added to both recordings.

We almost never see consecutive recordings getting cut short. Are you using start or finish padding?

| Wed 31 Dec 2014 12:08:07 #172 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

oliverb

We almost never see consecutive recordings getting cut short. Are you using start or finish padding?
    Five minutes padding at end. I don't pad the start as I can't recall a program ever starting early.

As far as I'm aware the end pad only applies if there isn't a recording scheduled immediately after and if there is then the recording changes over at the stated time.

I gather that if I turn off padding it may be able to automatically adjust the start and end times but I've never trusted it.

| Thu 1 Jan 2015 18:27:40 #173 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

oliverb - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Five minutes padding at end. I don't pad the start as I can't recall a program ever starting early.
    I gather that if I turn off padding it may be able to automatically adjust the start and end times but I've never trusted it.

I can only tell you my experience and that is that on the HD Humax models accurate recording works very well on the channels that support it (which these days is all the major channels). Given that you are experiencing problems with padding, why not give accurate recording a trial?

| Thu 1 Jan 2015 18:44:03 #174 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

...I can only tell you my experience and that is that on the HD Humax models accurate recording works very well on the channels that support it (which these days is all the major channels)...

I agree. On my 1000S I in the past used padding front and back, front only and back only and in each case had problems with pgm clashes on consecutive pgms. Reverted to auto and have had only very occasional problems of late start or early cut-off.

| Fri 2 Jan 2015 12:26:05 #175 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

Well, this is my first day on the forum, and I am still looking for the solution of my problem with my new HDR-1100S.

The reason I bought it, was because sometimes the BBC broadcasts so many interesting programmes at the same time, that I needed another recording device. My main machine is the good old FoxSat, which lives in my living room, and which allows me to transfer files. So the idea was to record on the HDR-1100S and then transfer the file, to watch in the living room.

Probably naively, I assumed the HDR-1100S would be capable of more than the FoxSat, at least file transfer. But it is not. Swapping the machines between rooms is not an option.

Humax confirms that file transfer is not possible with the HDR-1100S. Effectively, that is GBP 219,- down the drain. Unless anyone has a solution? Simply removing the HDD and put it in a docking station might be one, but it is not my favourite.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 9:34:42 #176 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If you installed the custom firmware extensions on the Foxsat and swapped the two units over then this would give you the possibility of directly viewing the Foxsat SD recordings on the HDR-1000S via DLNA.

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 9:43:29 #177 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Corks finest

Hi,hope I'm in right part of forum,newbie,1000s problems, hard drive not recognised etc,when,if,humax are going to sort this large problem for their loyal customers? Having read previous posts it's obviously a software issue,lost 3 years of recordings few days ago,my 13 yr olds stuff,and mine,I think humax customers deserve better,many,many ppl have same problem, what are doing to remedy it,,,,,,,,,rant over,tnx for letting me air my views,,p.s. ordered/paid good a new hard drive,maybe I wasted my money/time,I recommended 1000s to several family members,one other has the same problem as me,not good enough, I for one will never purchase another humax product

| Sun 24 Apr 2016 9:54:30 #178 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

aimdev

I have an old foxsat satellite receiver, works great, GUI good, remote ok
    I have new FVP 4000 terrestrial receiver, rubbish GUI, remote became eligible after a short time, disappearing recordings.
    Wont be upgrading the satellite or terrestrial box with a Humax

| Wed 14 Feb 2018 9:43:18 #179 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

aimdev - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have new FVP 4000 terrestrial receiver, rubbish GUI, remote became eligible after a short time, disappearing recordings.

There will be a software update very soon for the FVP-4000T that will improve the GUI. Not sure what "remote became eligible" but if you have problems with the remote talk to Humax support on the phone; the original ones were not of great quality but the replacement design seems to be better and they might send you one for free.

| Wed 14 Feb 2018 11:29:57 #180 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.