My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T Dead?

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyHumax1

That is a possibility though unlikely and ruled out on checking using the psu for our 4000T.
    Surprised this morning when I switched the humax on at the wall I got the red status light and this changed to blue when I pressed the standby button
    I can only think the box overheated and cut out though this has never happened before. I was about to buy a refurbished one so well pleased
    Thanks for the reponses

| Wed 29 Aug 2018 8:21:22 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Powering another box does seem to prove the PSU is ok. Glad it seems to have come good.
    Regards

| Wed 29 Aug 2018 9:25:16 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

MyHumax1 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I was about to buy a refurbished one so well pleased

If it goes wrong again and you do decide to buy a refurbished HDR-2000T, then keep your current unit for spare parts. E.g. the HDD chassis and its noise dampening and fan unit are not fitted to all HDR-2000Ts and you may want to transfer it to the refurbished unit.

I don't know if you know this already but don't bother to transfer your current HDD to a different unit to preserve the recordings. All recordings, both HD and SD, can only be played on the unit that recorded them as the encryption key is unit specific. Obviously if any replacement HDR-2000T that you may eventually buy has a smaller HDD then it would be a reason to transfer the HDD to the replacement unit.

| Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:28:58 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyHumax1

Hi
    Well it has gone wrong again three months later.
    Exactly the same problem. Neither blue nor red status light is on. No response to the standby button on the remote nor that on the front. Batteries are new and my identical psu on the Humax 4000 makes no difference. Have taken the lid off and nothing obvious.
    Since everything is the same and the system worked daily for over three months it must be something simple.
    Any ideas

| Mon 19 Nov 2018 15:19:30 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Open up the box and disconnect the hard drive power and data connections. With the hard disk disconnected does the box boot up to show a live TV picture ?

| Mon 19 Nov 2018 15:22:17 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyHumax1

No. Neither status light on. TV source is set to HDMI.

| Mon 19 Nov 2018 15:41:35 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you check the voltage output from the Switch Mode power supply internally while you attempt to boot the box ? An internal short circuit will cause the SMPS to current limit and drop the output voltage dramatically to prevent the power supply being damaged.

| Mon 19 Nov 2018 20:48:28 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyHumax1

There aren't any obvious points. I have used the identical psu from our working 4000T and the problem remains

| Tue 20 Nov 2018 9:54:08 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MyHumax1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    There aren't any obvious points. I have used the identical psu from our working 4000T and the problem remains

If you do have a short circuit the other PSU will do the same. Can't you see the 12V connections from the socket to the the mother board ?

| Tue 20 Nov 2018 11:40:39 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyHumax1

I can see the points where the psu socket fits on the motherboard.
    The voltage there is 12VDC. I will take the board out to check the other side.

Attachments

1. IMG_0417.JPG (62.1 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    | Tue 20 Nov 2018 12:41:26 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.