My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T doesn't fully wake using Power On Timer

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Unless for cleaning purposes or power failure why would you be switching a PVR off at the mains?

| Fri 27 May 2016 21:07:55 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

In normal operation, of course, you wouldn't. I noticed this additional problem while performing the power tests and believe that it's further evidence that this unit is faulty.

I take it that no-one else has a 2000T which does not allow access to recordings after a cold boot. (I haven't yet had time to test my other 2000T.)

| Sat 28 May 2016 8:41:18 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If the 2000T behaves in the same way as other Humax STB's after a mains disconnect/reconnect it will power-up and set it's timers and then return to either it's previous state or standby depending on the model.

| Sat 28 May 2016 8:41:42 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

Yes, that's right. Turn on the mains, wait until it goes into standby, take it out of standby using the remote, no media.

Put in standby using the remote, take it out of standby using the remote, media.

| Sat 28 May 2016 8:56:04 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Alan White - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes, that's right. Turn on the mains, wait until it goes into standby, take it out of standby using the remote, no media.
    Put in standby using the remote, take it out of standby using the remote, media.

That's not normally what happens on Humax boxes (I don't have a 2000T to test). As Repassac says after power failure and power restoration box should boot to effectively recording sby mode (no video/audio output) and restart the real time clock. After returning to sby normal timed recording should be restored and a normal boot should have all your recordings list as normal. Need someone else with a 2000T to confirm this behaviour (Set a series recording to start about 20 minutes after disconnecting and restoring the power, the box should wake a few minutes after the clock restore boot to watch for the AR start signal).

| Sat 28 May 2016 10:16:48 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Alan White - 14 hours ago  » 

Yep, I have written about this quite a bit myself. Others have the same issue so unlikely to be a faulty box, more likely firmware/software related. I don't lose sleep over it anymore. I turn the box on manually i.e. no timers and usually after the TV is switched on - problem solved. Since abandoning the timer start in favour of a manual switch on via the remote I don't think I've seen the absent media issue once.

Scheduled recordings work fine too, i.e. no issue with absent media after a scheduled recording.

| Sat 28 May 2016 23:03:07 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

After much more testing, swapping 2000Ts and TVs, and analysing the newly discovered problems as well as the ones I already knew about, I can report these problems on the faulty unit:
    1. no output after wake by timer
    2. no media after wake by timer
    3. no media after cold boot (see below)
    4. Power Saving in Standby does not work - a full 38s start occurs whether on or off

Additionally, I notice that on the menu option "Power Saving in Standby" there is different boilerplate text. The working 2000T has the message:
    "When Power Saving in Standby is set to 'On', the power consumption in standby will be under 0.5W.
    "But the Antenna Out loop-through will not provide any signal to a connected device (such as TV set)."
    while the faulty one has only the first paragraph.
    Although not a problem this is a clear indication that something is different about the faulty unit even though both have the same software. What do other users' boxes say?

Significantly, only one ("no output") of these problems occurs when I swap around the two 2000Ts I have, and only one ("no media after timer wake") has been reported by another user. In short, I have a 2000T which functions perfectly apart from "no output" to one TV, and another, new, 2000T which exhibits a number of problems. For this reason I don't believe that my problems are solely software bugs because such problems would occur every time in every situation.

I have repeated my tests using previous versions of the software and performed a factory default a number of times. A factory default seems to have fixed "no media after cold boot" but the other problems remain.

I'm now going to draft an email to Humax and request a replacement 2000T.

| Sun 29 May 2016 10:54:18 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Good luck with that but I can't think the replacement will be much different. Now I realise what the minor workarounds are with this PVR they don't bother me anymore.

| Sun 29 May 2016 15:49:54 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Did you try a reset on the "faulty" unit?
    If so I suggest you mention it in any communication with Humax.

| Sun 29 May 2016 16:42:21 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 
    I can't think the replacement will be much different.

You may be right. There are certainly similar reports elsewhere on the web, the suggestions - from the customers - being that there's a bad batch/problem type of disk out there. While I could adopt your approach I resent spending £160 for a product which has so many faults and is therefore difficult to use. A PVR, above all, must be reliable.

REPASSAC - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Did you try a reset on the "faulty" unit?

Several times - see my recent post.

| Sun 29 May 2016 16:55:39 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.