My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T iplayer causes crashes 2 years on

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have got quiet used to the noise now after 18 months and I think I would miss it if it was no longer there. It is like the platters moving across the drive followed by a small 'bump' noise, then the whole process starts again.

Probably does take around 8 seconds. Why don't you record it on your phone Minstrel then upload it, (if this is possible) and we could listen to see if it's the same noise.

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 13:42:50 #11 |
  2. andyfras

andyfras

MontysEvilTwin - 5 hours ago  » I was wondering if anyone had opened up a HDR-2000T: there must be some around that are no longer covered by warranties. I was wondering if it has a 3.5 or 2.5 inch disk, and the make and model of the drive.

I had one apart last week. It had a 3.5" Seagate Pipeline 1TB.

There is a fan mounted on the HDD caddy, connected to the mainboard. It was largely dust-free, so doesn't seem to have run very often, if at all.

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 15:59:48 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

And 2 years on the crashing continues. Randomly flipping out of iplayer in the middle of watchng a programe to re-boot. For the life of me I do not know why ths machine does this.

| Fri 28 Sep 2018 0:12:12 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hubb - 10 hours ago  » 
    And 2 years on the crashing continues. Randomly flipping out of iplayer in the middle of watchng a programe to re-boot. For the life of me I do not know why ths machine does this.

I think it was pointed out to you some time ago, iPlayer does not work at all well on the 2000T and hasn't done for quite a long time.

I have a similar problem with our Panasonic TV too. Sometimes iPlayer works but quite often it throws you out. BBC has said it's a Panasonic issue i.e. not updating their software and Panasonic claims it's the BBC who are at fault.

I suspect this blame game is the reason iPlayer doesn't work on the 2000T as well.

I doubt it's ever going to be resolved. However, there really are a ton of options for watching on demand content these days.

| Fri 28 Sep 2018 10:17:18 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

andyfras - 2 years ago  » 

MontysEvilTwin - 5 hours ago  » I was wondering if anyone had opened up a HDR-2000T: there must be some around that are no longer covered by warranties. I was wondering if it has a 3.5 or 2.5 inch disk, and the make and model of the drive.

I had one apart last week. It had a 3.5" Seagate Pipeline 1TB.
    There is a fan mounted on the HDD caddy, connected to the mainboard. It was largely dust-free, so doesn't seem to have run very often, if at all.

Crikey, Just get a £10 NowTV box.

| Fri 28 Sep 2018 11:23:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I have one but it doesn’t play full HD like the Humax app does.

| Tue 27 Nov 2018 23:54:39 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

hubb - 1 day ago  » 

No BBC iplayer HD programme is played in anything better than 720 on ANY device. The BBC and MY5 HD programmes are NOT streamed ANYWHERE in 1080. However if you buy a new Now TV 4K box (£24.99) special Black Friday week deal at Currys or Argus) you can watch the trial of Dynasties in 4k on the iplayer. It looks fab.

| Thu 29 Nov 2018 16:31:09 #17 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

However if you buy a new Now TV 4K box (£24.99) special Black Friday week deal at Currys or Argus) you can watch the trial of Dynasties in 4k on the iplayer. It looks fab.

Or a Firestick 4k for £35

hubb - 2 days ago  » 

What Humax app is that?

| Fri 30 Nov 2018 10:31:59 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Why oh why oh why dios this machine still crash about 50% of the time I go into tv portal, flipping the machine off, sometimes not rebooting and freezing with only power off and on again to resolve it ?

It’s an absolute disaster of a machine to not work simlply as it should. I am fed up to the back teeth of this problem time and time again when wanting to view iplayer. Never an update to resolve this bloody annoying flaw.

HUMAX - ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!!!

| Mon 4 Feb 2019 23:31:42 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

And again 5 years on this incredibly annoying machine randomly flipps off when accessing the tv portal to freeze resulting in me having to turn off the machine via the power plug and on again.

Why oh ph why oh why have Humax not addressed this ?

| Tue 17 Dec 2019 18:40:00 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.