My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

2015 - The year Humax lost the plot?

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Martin Liddle - 48 minutes ago  » 

That is your opinion; we have an HDR-2000T and it continues to give good service and we have no regrets about the purchase. There are some bugs in the software that Humax could have corrected but nothing that for us is show stopping.

Totally agree. The 2000T does what I want it to do - with a few minor problems (lack of wide button - and wide doesn't work properly anyway). It is still possible to save SD programmes to external disk (and HD ones, if you know what you are doing).

| Sun 4 Jun 2017 18:43:32 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Yes Im probably over stating the 9000 series issues. I never complained about noise before this 2000T. Fan noise or disc spinning has never bothered me until I heard the disk head on a 2000

I read issues of freezing with the 9000 series and the fan always on before the update wasnt too popular. Probably no more issues than any other manufacturer.

I agree that my experience will affect my opinion on the matter. I was brand loyal but found the customer service poor and the noisy hard drive was horrendous. I dont have over sensitive hearing...years of loud headphones have ensured that. However when I can hear the thing rattling and chuntering away from the kitchen, something was seriously wrong. Ive quietened it down and feel another hard drive unit will sort it out.

Im not the only one and enough people have complained about it. The response was "ours is fine in the office" and keep taking it back...maybe thats the response these days but its not acceptable in my book

There are some great things about the unit which is why im still running it but its just a shame that its been tainted as a purchase

Believe me Im not trying to run a one man, bash Humax campaign but do feel something isnt quite right about their final design and quality control standards.

| Sun 4 Jun 2017 20:11:10 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Minstrel SE - 15 minutes ago  » 
    I read issues of freezing with the 9000 series and the fan always on before the update wasnt too popular.

What update are you referring to?

I agree that my experience will affect my opinion on the matter. I was brand loyal but found the customer service poor and the noisy hard drive was horrendous.

I completely fail to understand why when you were so unhappy you didn't take it back which is what most people would have done.

| Sun 4 Jun 2017 20:28:32 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

I completely fail to understand why when you were so unhappy you didn't take it back which is what most people would have done.

Yes I wonder myself but part of the explanation is stress and a shop that had tried to give me a tatty used unit in a box causing a row.

Couldnt face going back there and I also spent some time wondering if all new HD units were like this. Rightly or wrongly I like to get hands on when confused with it. If Im told it could be a subjective problem, I like to prove the point. As a project it can be fully sorted. Ive been busy but have gone far enough to make it acceptable without spending too much

I agree with you though...it should have gone back but Im not writing this through bitterness. Ive sorted it to an acceptable level with damping of the lid and the drive. Im not going through it all again but the casing was acting as an amplifier membrane at critical resonances...a cheap drive, a plastic shelf, thin casing with no damping and its no wonder issues arise.

If it had gone back I would still have had a poor opinion of Humax (probably even worse) so I fail to see the point you are making there. I have moved on but I am interested in the Humax forum and I will warn others to be wary even if you dont feel comfortable with that. I am sensible enough not to have a go at their newer products which I have no experience with.

Cheers all the best

| Sun 4 Jun 2017 20:51:55 #24 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.