My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

32% bug possibly

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

snowinsummer

Hi all

I have HDR100s 1Tb it has been running since end of December, A couple of weeks ago I had to reformat the drive so eventually managed to get the drive formatted after having to wait for the drive to get the undefined message off and be able to get to the HDD this took about an hour and a half before finally being able to format the drive.

Software was the 16 version, since then the box has been working ok apart from turning itself off for no known reason it's done this quite a few times now, also the drive has got to 32% but will not go any further even though it is recording but it is chopping off the end of recordings, if I delete some recordings and get it below 32% this stops until it reaches 32% again.

has anybody else seen this behaviour if so how do I sort it out.

Settings are Standby Normal, 2mins padding, set to come on for half an hour every morning, have not tried the beta update so still on the 16 version I have tried the 2580 and cleaned the drive but still the same behaviour also unplugged and turned back on.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

| Mon 28 Jan 2013 23:15:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Markk

I have exactly the same problem: 1Tb 1000s, 32% drive used and it simply refuses to record anything else. Everything had been fine up to this point.

Last night all my planned recordings failed.

As a test I've just set a programme to record. It showed up in planned recordings and the little red dot was present. After a while I tried to watch it in catch up mode, but the recording had disappeared and the record indicator had gone from the programme in the TV guide.

What a waste of 68% of a 1Tb drive.

Quick fix or it's money back time I think. Far too many bugs in the software.

| Tue 29 Jan 2013 18:31:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

snowinsummer

Hi Mark

My drive just does not go past 32% though it still records but has a tendency to chop of the end of the recording which is very annoying, the drive must have reached 32% last Saturday recorded the tennis on Sunday on BBC HD over three hours of recording should have registered over 32% but it did not move, bulk of the program was on the drive but the last 10 or 15 minutes or so.

I hope that the immminent update will fix this if not it might have to go back.

Does anybody know if I apply the beta 22 update when the ota comes eventually will it overwrite this, it should in my thinking.

| Tue 29 Jan 2013 20:42:15 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

Folks, try calling Humax support - I called them yesterday morning (my unit started constantly rebooting) and had a replacement unit delivered before lunchtime today.

| Tue 29 Jan 2013 21:12:07 #4 |
  5. chistery

chistery

snowinsummer, as long as the OTA update is a newer version you will get it when it is available.

Mine's at 34% so far. On .22 with 1tb version.

| Wed 30 Jan 2013 9:45:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

snowinsummer - 15 hours ago  » 
    Does anybody know if I apply the beta 22 update when the ota comes eventually will it overwrite this, it should in my thinking.

It isn't really a beta version; it seems to me that it is a tested version that fixes an important problem but at the moment Humax have decided not to release OTA. Chances are that the next OTA will be a later version number and will of course overwrite this version. If they did decide to release it OTA it would be byte for byte identical to what you can download today so there would be no point in overwriting it.

| Wed 30 Jan 2013 11:54:09 #6 |
  7. bob_dvb

bob_dvb

Humax

The .22 version had passed testing but it wasn't part of the formal release schedule and wasn't age tested substantially, thus why it was titled a beta release. The next formal software release will fix this issue as well as make other improvements, but we won't discuss details of the next release until the date is set in stone.

Bob

| Wed 30 Jan 2013 13:58:25 #7 |
  8. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Quick update in case this has any bearing on the pending release.

We are running the .22 version which did fix the recording bug. Our 1TB model managed to get to 38% HDD used before it stopped recording anything else as described here.

Having deleted some recordings it is working again now but will only record up to 35%. We get the feeling it may be regressing back to the 32% marker as described here. Not happy as now having to delete things we really wanted to watch but haven't had time yet.

We have run the HDD clean-up but this did not seem to gain us anything.

We will keep you posted if it continues back to 32%.

| Sat 2 Feb 2013 11:43:53 #8 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

As promised an update, and its not good.

As suspected we hit the 32% marker but cannot now record past 30%. We now only have 1 minute of last nights final part of Africa.

Managed to find a few other bits to delete to get back to 28% used, but the disk space availability does seem to be reducing in an ever decreasing circle.

I'm suspecting that when a program is deleted that it is not returning all the disk space back to the available pool which is why the box stops recording at different reported % full.

I would expect the disk clean-up option to sort this out but it obviously does not do anything useful.

A Message to Humax. Can we please have the updated software ASAP, or another Beta release to resolve this specific issue.

| Thu 7 Feb 2013 11:41:41 #9 |
  10. bob_dvb

bob_dvb

Humax

David, I am not able to check with customer services but I haven't seen this reproduced in the lab and I am not aware that we have received any field returns with this issue. I can only recommend a factory reset with format.

| Thu 7 Feb 2013 12:26:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.