My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

32% bug possibly

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

There is something strange going on with your problem box. My own 1000S has, with recordings & deletions, gone up to 38%, down to 30%, and back above 32%, all with no problems.

| Thu 7 Feb 2013 14:38:13 #11 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Thanks for the feedback Bob,

We actually saw a side effect of the problem with the Africa program happen last night as we watching another recording at the same time it started. The recorded program we were watching froze for around 15 seconds, the screen went black for around 5 seconds, then the program carried on.

Referring back to your earlier post in this thread (#6) it stated; "The next formal software release will fix this issue as well as make other improvements"

Is this specific to the 32% bug only, or failing to record when sufficient disk space is shown as available?

Out of interest what is the disk clean-up function supposed to do as it does not seem to be documented anywhere.

We will not be able to factory reset and reformat for a while as we have several series recorded still to watch so will have to struggle on .....

| Thu 7 Feb 2013 14:43:16 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

snowinsummer

HI All

Quick update I Have applied the .22 update last Friday, since then no recordings missed and the pecentage is now rising with recordings and not chopping off the ends of programs apart from Ski Sunday on BBC HD guess thats to do with the Beeb.

Settings are now on power save standby, auto beginning and end of recordings,and no start up in the mornings.

At least the box is now recording when supposed to.

Can anyone confirm when the the next OTA is coming?

| Sat 9 Feb 2013 11:10:18 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No definitive news on next version and OTA as yet.

| Sat 9 Feb 2013 11:21:36 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

snowinsummer

Thanks Barry

I really like this platform after being with Sky for 16 years, I think that this could really be an excellent alternative to Sky once these bugs and glitches are sorted out.

| Sat 9 Feb 2013 11:36:05 #15 |
  6. davidrew

davidrew

special member

An update on the current disk full situation. Still have not done the factory reset as still some series to watch.

The box will no longer record past 25% disk full. Could this be an iffy hard drive?

Is there any way of seeing what the HDA model # is without opening the unit up? Wondering if I have a suspect Seagate which maybe needs firmware.

Also, can the existing recordings be copied to a plug-in HDA via the USB then back again once the reformat is done?

Thanks for any help offered.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 10:48:23 #16 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

There a new update available from lunchtime today, so you may as well see if the situation improves when its been installed.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 11:48:23 #17 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Theres a new update available from lunchtime today, so you may as well see if the situation improves when its been installed.

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 11:48:56 #18 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

The PVR installed the update automatically sometime today and interestingly the used disk space has gone from 22% this morning to 17% this evening. All recordings still intact, also four half hour SD recordings from this afternoon included in the 17%.

Will keep an eye on the space and update if I find anything. Will be starting to record the F1 and BTCC soon so that will be plenty of disk space consumed!

| Wed 6 Mar 2013 23:00:13 #19 |
  10. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Update and it's BAD NEWS.

Recordings have now stopped at 19% disk full. It shows as recording the program but either curtails the program or just shows 0 minutes recorded.

Something is seriously wrong with the disk management or the disk itself. I'm thinking:

1. Duff Disk - but if it is a proper PVR drive then it should ignore errors and carry on.

2. Disk Firmware. Don't know model of drive, can this be found without opening the box?

3. New software update still has some bug in it regarding disk space.

Anyone on the new firmware gone past 19% on a 1TB box?

Any suggestions welcome.

| Sun 10 Mar 2013 16:02:37 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.