My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000T sudden interruption of recording

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr Moley

Recently a few times a recording has stopped approx 10 mins before end with note on screen about 'loss of power' when there has been no power cut. Anyone else had same problem?

| Thu 22 Oct 2020 9:32:41 #1 |
  2. andysue

andysue

I have the same box & have been having issues with losing the signal lately. This is from sutton coldfield. I also have a big oak tree in the way so unsure which is the culprit, the tree or sre they doing something at sutton coldfield & not telling us, I dont know.
    I did read somewhere they are turning off one of the channels in November to make way for 5g. If anyone can spread any light on this I would be grateful.
    Am thinking of going over to Freesat box but Humax dont have anything to do with freesat now & some of the reviews of the freesat box isnt good.
    Anyone shed any light on this please?
    Also Humax told me :- Humax is planning a series of product launches in 2020, each of which we believe will give customers unrivalled experiences in consuming TV content. Please keep an eye on our web site for more information.
    Anyone know what that means & what they are bringing out?
    Thanks
    Andy

| Thu 22 Oct 2020 12:55:57 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andysue - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have the same box & have been having issues with losing the signal lately. This is from sutton coldfield. I also have a big oak tree in the way so unsure which is the culprit, the tree or sre they doing something at sutton coldfield & not telling us, I dont know.
    I did read somewhere they are turning off one of the channels in November to make way for 5g. If anyone can spread any light on this I would be grateful.
    Am thinking of going over to Freesat box but Humax dont have anything to do with freesat now & some of the reviews of the freesat box isnt good.
    Anyone shed any light on this please?
    Also Humax told me :- Humax is planning a series of product launches in 2020, each of which we believe will give customers unrivalled experiences in consuming TV content. Please keep an eye on our web site for more information.
    Anyone know what that means & what they are bringing out?
    Thanks
    Andy

Humax have just announced a new 3 Tuner box based on Android TV. See the threads on here about the Aura.

As its Freeview based it will not solve your reception issues.

I have similar issues with Sutton Coldfield I have woods at the bottom of our garden that particulary in the summer make the signal unusable. Fortunately Lark Stoke is in the opposite direction and works fine.

Suggest you look at one of the reception predictors to see if you have alternatives.

Ad just popped up on my laptop using Chrome

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/aura-uhd-android-tv-recorder/

| Thu 22 Oct 2020 14:02:53 #3 |
  4. andysue

andysue

Thanks for that Graham, I know you told me before you were from Redditch so I understand the problems.That advert for the Aura must have only just come up as I was looking on the Humax site about a day ago & it wasnt there then.
    I guess they are bringing it out for Christmas we shall see how much it costs & wonder what the EPG will look like.
    I may get one & a freesat. Guess I will have to fit a new dish with a quad LNB & 2 Wideband, they sell them down in Bournville, then I will have the best of both worlds.
    I am a little confused now about channel 50,51,55,56, with com7 & com8 are being switched off this month. I see com7 & com8 are on channel 33 & 35 does that mean I will get the news on 107 in Hd on these channels or am Barking up the wrong tree? :- https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Sutton_Coldfield

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 14:46:42 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andysue - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for that Graham, I know you told me before you were from Redditch so I understand the problems.That advert for the Aura must have only just come up as I was looking on the Humax site about a day ago & it wasnt there then.
    I guess they are bringing it out for Christmas we shall see how much it costs & wonder what the EPG will look like.
    I may get one & a freesat. Guess I will have to fit a new dish with a quad LNB & 2 Wideband, they sell them down in Bournville, then I will have the best of both worlds.
    I am a little confused now about channel 50,51,55,56, with com7 & com8 are being switched off this month. I see com7 & com8 are on channel 33 & 35 does that mean I will get the news on 107 in Hd on these channels or am Barking up the wrong tree? :- https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Sutton_Coldfield

Prices for the 1 and 2TB models are on the Richer Sounds website

https://www.richersounds.com/

Just search for Humax Aura

I can't find any pictures of the epg, just the home screen

For some reason the epg tab on the Humax website requires a login and password. No idea why.

Com 8 is closing info is that COM 7 closure is not known.

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 16:04:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

andysue:
    COM8 closed down everywhere several months ago. The future of COM7 is unclear, but it is certain that it is time limited, however a closure date has yet to be announced. COM7 is on Ch55.

COM7 and 8 used to be on Ch 33 and 35 at Sutton Coldfield but they moved from them in March 2018, to 55 & 56.

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 18:10:59 #6 |
  7. andysue

andysue

C55tv_off com7tv_off
    C56tv_off COM8tv_off

tv_off Being removed from Freeview (for 5G use) after November 2020 - more
    Table shows multiplexes names see this article;

So according to this com 7 & com8 with channel 55 & 56 are being switched off next month at sutton coldfield. So where are they going?

If you click on the following link & scroll down about half way you can see it, or am I reading it wrong? https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Sutton_Coldfield

| Fri 23 Oct 2020 23:55:42 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

andysue - 1 hour ago  » 
    am I reading it wrong?

Yes.
    That is just some one's hobby site and it has been three years out of date for some details.
    For historical details over a few years old it can be useful but otherwise I wouldn't trust anything else as gospel.
    Unfortunately people keep on posting links to it, which means that it comes out high on internet searches.

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 1:22:07 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Luke - 6 hours ago  » 

andysue - 1 hour ago  » 
    am I reading it wrong?

Yes.
    That is just some one's hobby site and it has been three years out of date for some details.
    For historical details over a few years old it can be useful but otherwise I wouldn't trust anything else as gospel.
    Unfortunately people keep on posting links to it, which means that it comes out high on internet searches.

Exactly. And to add to that, those "After November" references are completely meaningless because, in the case of COM8. it has already been closed down nationally (at the end of June 2020) and for COM7 it could mean anything from 1st of December (seems unlikely) to a couple of years away, both are "After November". Best to use the official Freeview site for information.

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 8:07:31 #9 |
  10. andysue

andysue

Prices for the 1 and 2TB models are on the Richer Sounds website
    https://www.richersounds.com/
    Just search for Humax Aura
    I can't find any pictures of the epg, just the home screen
    For some reason the epg tab on the Humax website requires a login and password. No idea why.
    Com 8 is closing info is that COM 7 closure is not known.

Thanks for that again Graham
    The problem is with Lark Stoke I will lose about 24 channels. Think I will Persevere with the 4000T & delve deeper into the freesat box. I dont think buying the new Aura is going to be any beneficial than the 4000T. I have noticed that when I lose a signal on the 4000T I still get a signal on the TV in the kitchen so maybe my Humax is starting to give up (perhaps it needs to quaranteen :))
    It has stopped doing it now for the time being so give me chance to look at the Freesat 4K box. Shame Humax arent doing theirs anymore.

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 9:36:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.