My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000T sudden interruption of recording

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

andysue - 22 hours ago  » 
    That advert for the Aura must have only just come up as I was looking on the Humax site about a day ago & it wasnt there then.
    I guess they are bringing it out for Christmas we shall see how much it costs & wonder what the EPG will look like.

For a link to the Humax Aura's EPG see post #11 of
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hunax-aura#post-80898

| Sat 24 Oct 2020 12:05:12 #11 |
  2. andysue

andysue

Thanks Luke, looks similsr to 4000T except its brown with pip.
    This isnt helping Mr Moley as its gone a bit off topic.
    I have now found last night that 107 & 106 had a weak or no signal although the TV in the kitchen was working.
    I coupled up the tv from the kitchen with the 4000T & founfd it was working through the aerial from the lounge point but not through the HDMI? (101 etc was ok)
    I changed the HDMI lead & it still wouldnt work. I think the 4000T is going faulty & losing its signal.
    I was going to couple up a panasonc DVR that I have ths morning but of course its all working again.
    Looks like it is intermitent, May have to try a factory reset but I have a recording I want to watch first before I lose it.
    Anyone else had trouble?

| Mon 26 Oct 2020 8:20:51 #12 |
  3. andysue

andysue

Further to my last post I have been reading up on consumers losing signal on the 4000T .
    This seems to be happening more on the night time for some reason.
    I decided to try my old variable antenuator & dropped the signal down but keeping the quality at 100%.
    Last night I didnt lose a signal or is it a coincidence?
    I will wait & see & perhaps try it without it again & try & remember to report back here.
    Strange that none of the 4 tvs that I run are affected with no signal, I guess it may be true about the Humax tuners being finnacy & dont like too much signal?

| Tue 27 Oct 2020 8:27:48 #13 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

That's not finicky, it's sensitivity.
    Humax tuners seem to be a bit more sensitive and a really large signal will overload them (as it will with any tuner if the signal is high enough).
    This distorts the signal and screws up the demodulator which promptly gives up the battle of error vc0orrection. This manifests itself as 'no signal' report with the obviously accompanying 0% quality.
    This signal variation can vary with the time of day and especially weather and atmospheric conditions.
    If this is the case (which it sounds like) a fix can be achieved by the somewhat counterintuitive principle of reducing the signal level from the antenna by using an attenuator as suggested above.

However as 105 & 106 are likely on a lower power Mpx, this seems unlikely, but if the attenuator works for you, jolly good.

| Tue 27 Oct 2020 8:59:08 #14 |
  5. andysue

andysue

Disconnected Antenuator tonight, made no difference? picture was fine. |Will try again when iyt is raining & windy , which wont be too long. it is 106 & 107 that were acting up probably with some other channels as well.
    I feel an Aura coming on! at least it has a quad core processor hopefully it will work quicker & be more stable. We shall see next month.

| Thu 29 Oct 2020 0:04:13 #15 |
  6. andysue

andysue

Just encase any one was wondering, it is realy windy tonight. My aerial is taking a battering on the very high pole.
    I was losing BBC2 HD so I put the tv on in the kitchen to compare with the 4000T in the lounge.
    Lounge kept failing even after altering the antenuator, Kitchen never lost its signal.
    My only conclusion is the 4000T isnt good. I know I shouldnt be getting half the programs in Redditch from Sutton Coldfield & would be better fom Larke stoke but if the Other Tvs are ok then all the mast head & distribution amplifier must be ok, its the Humax
    Will try the Aura see what happens.

| Sun 1 Nov 2020 23:19:32 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.