My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000t - Wifi but no internet

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sue343

Hi
    Perhaps someone can help. I have been having all the standard problems since the last software update (random reboots with loss of network afterwards, recordings stopping early with a reported loss of power), but today I have a new one, which may or may not be related to the others. When I boot it up it says the network is connected, but it is only connected to the router, not the Internet, so there is no catch-up available and, presumably, no more software updates. If I look at network connection status, the LAN is connected, but the Internet is not. If I then click on "retry" it says that the Internet is then connected, but it is not, and if I go away from the network connection status screen and then go back to it, it is showing an error again. None of my other devices is having a problem with Internet connection. Turning the power off and the starting it up again (which works for the other problems) is having no effect. I usually use wifi, but have tried an ethernet cable briefly but that doesn't solve it. Any suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance.

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 14:49:06 #1 |
  2. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Have you tried a factory reset? Keep a note of any recordings you have scheduled. R-

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 15:22:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sue343

Roger
    Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried that yet because I was hoping to avoid rescheduling all those recordings, but I will give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 15:25:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

I have had he exact same issue today - even though I've not had this issue in months.

I tried downgrading the firmware of the 4000t, upgrading to the current firmware, connecting by 2.4 and 5ghz wireless and tried using multiple Ethernet cables - but none of it worked.

What did work was a factory reset of my router. I'm with virgin media and have a superhub 2. As you've exhausted your possibilities, this might be another option for you to try.

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 15:25:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

Sue343 - 46 seconds ago  » 
    Roger
    Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried that yet because I was hoping to avoid rescheduling all those recordings, but I will give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

I didn't have to factory reset my 4000t to fix this issue. I do anything I can to avoid having to do my schedule again.

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 15:27:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sue343

Hi Luddym
    Odd that we should both have the problem on the same day! I am not a grest believer in coincidences. I am not on Virgin so that is not a common link. Looks like I have to try doing factory resets on everything! Thanks for the advice.

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 15:31:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

Sue343 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi Luddym
    Odd that we should both have the problem on the same day! I am not a grest believer in coincidences. I am not on Virgin so that is not a common link. Looks like I have to try doing factory resets on everything! Thanks for the advice.

I'd suggest doing the router first - if it isn't too much trouble. It will be interesting to see what fixes your issue.

Edit: After you've reset the router and it is back up and running, power off your 4000t at the wall before seeing if it worked.

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 15:34:30 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

This might have been a general outage, as I have had the same problem setting up a new box. It would connect to the router but not the internet on both wired and wifi. On checking an existing, working box - same problem. However box boxes are now connecting to the internet.

| Wed 12 Oct 2016 16:06:43 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sue343

So I got up this morning ready to do a factory reset on everything in sight only to find that the problem seems to have disappeared all by itself! So I suspect (hope) that Mark was right and this was some transient general outage. But I have no idea what might have caused that. I just hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks yo all gor their suggestions.

| Thu 13 Oct 2016 6:32:21 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I had this same problem yesterday. Network error and because the software thought it wasn't connected to the internet, just the router, all the catchup/on-demand services I tried could not be accessed with the box just showing a network error message.
    I assume the software checks an external internet address and if this is down it assumes there is no internet connectivity.
    The server that the fvp4000t uses to confirm internet connectivity must have been unavailable for a few hours yesterday

| Thu 13 Oct 2016 13:16:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.