My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

4OD four on demand catchup adverts freeze

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

Does anyone else have the problem that if watching catchup on 4OD, the programme plays perfectly but as soon as the adverts come on, they start to freeze and the downloading sign comes on. I was watching Adam Hills, a very funny show, its on 4OD catchup now, watch it if you like comedians. his material is different from anything I have seen before and his lady on stage doing the signing for the deaf is almost as funny as he is without saying anything. Anyway, watched part one, no problem, went into adverts and it took about 30 minutes to get through the advert break as it just kept stopping and you can't do anything to speed up adverts, or can you? someone may know, then part two started, no problem at all until the next adverts. Is this normal?? its very annoying, I can't think that it is the box's fault or it wouldn't play the programme. Thanks................

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 11:22:42 #1 |
  2. Corrigap

Corrigap

I have kind of the opposite problem to you in that the ads play ok but the programmes freeze right at the start, and all I get then is pixel blocking.

Someone else has this problem too.

See this thread:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/all-4-app

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 11:42:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Google '4oD freezing' to see that it's a recurrent problem with 4oD streaming - not down to Humax. C4 keep experimenting with their 'programmatic ads' innovations. The dynmic insertion of these ads doesn't seem to work very smoothly.

Solution, as ever - record it and ff through the ads.

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 12:04:54 #3 |
  4. Corrigap

Corrigap

Presumably then the different 4oD apps get their streams from different sources? I ask this because 4oD (All 4) works fine on my Samsung Smart TV, never any problems there at all.

Sorry, hope I'm not hijacking this thread.

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 12:21:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It's all down to the content provider - in this case C4 - not the platform owner. Available content may differ from device to device, and ads may differ in ways that are quite mysterious - in theory, personalised in some way but so far this seems to be a work in progress.

When I've tried 4oD/All4 on my Samsung Smart TV it's been much the same experience as on the Humax or Roku or Panasonic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 12:47:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

Just updated to June 15th 2015 software,lets see what happene now.

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/freetime/boxes/software-update-16-jun

Early indications look good.

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 13:10:10 #6 |
  7. Corrigap

Corrigap

Just updated to the new firmware but no change for me, unfortunately.

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 14:34:22 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I used to experience this issue - drove me nuts.

I get around it by using 4OD via browser on my Mac and using Airplay to my ATV - no issues whatsoever.

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 16:06:38 #8 |
  9. Corrigap

Corrigap

ok, cheers for the tip

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 17:20:09 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.