My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

'All 4' app

(54 posts)
  1. Corrigap

Corrigap

Is anyone else having streaming problems with the 'All 4' on-demand app?

On an HDR-1000S, I get severe blocking and no sound (picture basically unwatchable) once the programme itself has started, the preceding ads are ok as is navigating through the app etc.

I have 8 Mbit/s adsl broadband, wired, and I don't think that's the problem as the other catch-up services are fine.

Corrigap

| Thu 21 May 2015 14:30:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Suspect your broadband is the issue. No problems with my 50Mbps service. Try pausing for 5-10 minutes to allow the box to build up some bufferered content.

| Thu 21 May 2015 14:44:38 #2 |
  3. Corrigap

Corrigap

ok, thanks, I'll try that.

| Thu 21 May 2015 15:25:15 #3 |
  4. Corrigap

Corrigap

Yep, tried that but to no avail. I think this problem appeared after the rebrand to 'All 4' a short time ago.

| Thu 21 May 2015 20:06:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Working very well here, in fact I was quite impressed. I seldom use C4 catchup, preferring to record and skip the ads, so I was pleasantly surprised. Apart from the lack of subtitles, that is.

ADSL2 from PlusNet.

| Thu 21 May 2015 20:52:42 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Corrigap - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yep, tried that but to no avail. I think this problem appeared after the rebrand to 'All 4' a short time ago.

Tried some more content tonight with no problems. Is your HDR1000S hardwired to the router ?

| Thu 21 May 2015 21:17:44 #6 |
  7. Corrigap

Corrigap

Is your HDR1000S hardwired to the router ?

Yes, it is

| Fri 22 May 2015 5:15:29 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Corrigap - 4 hours ago  » 

Yes, it is

Can you test the download speed using a laptop to see what it actually is using the connection you use for the HDR. Just because they say (up to) 8Mbps it doesn't mean you actually get that.

| Fri 22 May 2015 9:50:49 #8 |
  9. Corrigap

Corrigap

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Yes, it is

Can you test the download speed using a laptop to see what it actually is using the connection you use for the HDR. Just because they say (up to) 8Mbps it doesn't mean you actually get that.

Done this already, I get just under 8 Mbps, disconnecting the ethernet cable from the TV and putting straight into a laptop. I don't think this is about broadband delivery. All other catch-up services work fine on the STB.

| Fri 22 May 2015 10:55:22 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Corrigap - 2 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Yes, it is

Done this already, I get just under 8 Mbps, disconnecting the ethernet cable from the TV and putting straight into a laptop. I don't think this is about broadband delivery. All other catch-up services work fine on the STB.

As no one else has reported the issue it seems unlikely to be a box problem. Can you borrow a friends dish and net connections to see if they are repeatable somewhere else ?

| Fri 22 May 2015 13:44:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.