My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

4OD issues with HDR 1000s

(44 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Doing a search on Google I can see this has been an issue for many people going back at least the last two years - what am I referring to? 4OD freezing following an add break.

Nearly every time I use my HDR 1000s to access 4OD I have the same problem. It will either fail to start the main feature following the intro adds or it will play fine up to the first add break then either fail to return to the feature at all or start but with a struggle.

Is this peculiar to Humax kit or is it widespread? Finally, is there a solution?

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 11:33:05 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I'm surprised no one on this forum has experienced issues with 4OD as many other forums have lots of users experiencing the same issues as me.

Perhaps on demand TV is not much accessed by users of this forum?

| Sun 8 Jun 2014 20:00:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mafoo

4OD often loops back to the start of the part or the adverts don't play making it look like its hung.

| Sun 8 Jun 2014 21:16:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

mafoo - 1 hour ago  » 
    4OD often loops back to the start of the part or the adverts don't play making it look like its hung.

Well when you are sat there for nearly ten minutes with a blank screen I think you can say it definitely has hung/frozen. If I use Airplay from my iPad to Apple TV then 4OD works without issues. Is it therefore a Humax problem?

| Sun 8 Jun 2014 22:47:39 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Faust - 12 hours ago  » 
    I'm surprised no one on this forum has experienced issues with 4OD as many other forums have lots of users experiencing the same issues as me.
    Perhaps on demand TV is not much accessed by users of this forum?

No problems with 4OD for me.
    Which other forums are you looking at as I'm not seeing lots of other users with this issue?
    I see no reports of this on Digital Spy or Freesat Communty and the only other place I've seen it mentioned is AVForums which is a thread from yourself with no replies.
    The only reports for anything similar are with Demand 5 with constant looping ads which seems to only be affecting the HB1000s.

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 8:43:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Try typing the following into Google - 4od issues hangs or won't restart after add break

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 19:47:16 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Faust - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Try typing the following into Google - 4od issues hangs or won't restart after add break

Yeah I did that earlier today and pretty much all the results relate to the PS3.
    Adding HDR 1000s to the search too doesn't show anything of relevance except a link to this thread.

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 20:00:22 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I haven't seen any issues with 4od but it's rare I ever use catch up. If Faust can provide an example I can see what happens tomorrow on the same programme.

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 20:41:59 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    I haven't seen any issues with 4od but it's rare I ever use catch up. If Faust can provide an example I can see what happens tomorrow on the same programme.

George Clarke's amazing spaces episode 1 from last week. I had to give up with it just over half way through as it simply froze after every add break. Moved across to use Airplay from the iPad to Apple TV and it plays without issue. It's not the first time this has happened and it is always 4OD.

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 22:33:22 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

-gonzo- - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 9 minutes ago  » 

Yeah I did that earlier today and pretty much all the results relate to the PS3.
    Adding HDR 1000s to the search too doesn't show anything of relevance except a link to this thread.

Well that fact that it has/is happening with other kit shows there is an issue. I did ask the question whether it was Humax related or some other problem.

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 22:35:22 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.