My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

4OD issues with HDR 1000s

(44 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 11 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    I haven't seen any issues with 4od but it's rare I ever use catch up. If Faust can provide an example I can see what happens tomorrow on the same programme.

George Clarke's amazing spaces episode 1 from last week. I had to give up with it just over half way through as it simply froze after every add break. Moved across to use Airplay from the iPad to Apple TV and it plays without issue. It's not the first time this has happened and it is always 4OD.

I will watch this tomorrow and report. Thanks for a programme that looks interesting

| Mon 9 Jun 2014 22:47:03 #11 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    I haven't seen any issues with 4od but it's rare I ever use catch up. If Faust can provide an example I can see what happens tomorrow on the same programme.

George Clarke's amazing spaces episode 1 from last week. I had to give up with it just over half way through as it simply froze after every add break. Moved across to use Airplay from the iPad to Apple TV and it plays without issue. It's not the first time this has happened and it is always 4OD.

Just had a look and it seems that during the ads there's a random black screen that just hangs after the British Gas sponsor, but it does start going again if you leave it.

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 0:05:24 #12 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Faust - 8 hours ago  » 

-gonzo- - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Try typing the following into Google - 4od issues hangs or won't restart after add break

Yeah I did that earlier today and pretty much all the results relate to the PS3.
    Adding HDR 1000s to the search too doesn't show anything of relevance except a link to this thread.

Well that fact that it has/is happening with other kit shows there is an issue. I did ask the question whether it was Humax related or some other problem.

Quite often when there's issues with on demand services they'll be device specific problems. Anyhow the PS3 problems with 4OD were issues reported back in May 2013 which I believe have been resolved since then.
    So as it stands at the moment your the only one that's currently reporting any issues.

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 7:33:15 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I tried this programme three times and ran into problems each time. Other programmes I tried (ep 1 of Utopia, ep 1 of A Dance to the Music of Time) ran smoothly.

All three were fine on a 2012 Samsung TV. I did notice that on the Samsung the 4oD app updated itself before launching.

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 9:23:15 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Watched the Amazing Spaces Episode with the following result.

Programme started with 30 second ad.

First ad break at 15 mins point, duration 3 min 40 sec. Programme resumed immediately after British Gas sponsor ad.

Second ad break at 35 mins point, duration of ads to sponsor ad 3 min 20 sec followed by black screen and silence for 30 seconds before programme playback resumed.

Third and final ad break at 45 min point, duration of ads to sponsor ad 1 min 50 sec followed by black screen and silence for 1 min 55 seconds before programme playback resumed.

Programme completed OK

The second and Third breaks were approx. the same length if you include the black screen and silence periods.

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 10:52:46 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Thanks for those who have made efforts to replicate the issue. It would appear that my complaint was not without substance after all despite one poster apparently poo poohing my problems. I had the same problem with the blank screen until the last but one add break when it failed to restart completely.

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 18:00:28 #16 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for those who have made efforts to replicate the issue. It would appear that my complaint was not without substance after all despite one poster apparently poo poohing my problems. I had the same problem with the blank screen until the last but one add break when it failed to restart completely.

I gather you mean me then?
    I wasn't poo poohing anything, just wasn't seeing what your seeing when I've used 4OD. There also didn't seem to be any other Humax users reporting similar issues with 4OD so didn't leave much else to go on other than some PS3 users from last year. Once you mentioned which program it was then the hanging black screen was seen.

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 19:25:20 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

I gather you mean me then?
    I wasn't poo poohing anything, just wasn't seeing what your seeing when I've used 4OD. There also didn't seem to be any other Humax users reporting similar issues with 4OD so didn't leave much else to go on other than some PS3 users from last year. Once you mentioned which program it was then the hanging black screen was seen.

I think the ads are padded with black to maintain the original broadcast duration. The episode I watched was 1 hr in duration including the black bits.

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 20:52:33 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Is this likely to be just an issue with this one programme at 4OD or a Humax issue then? As stated in my previous post the same programme was fine with Airplay from the iPad with JamesB reporting no issues when played via his Samsung TV? I also said that this isn't the first time I have experienced this issue with 4OD and the Humax.

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 20:56:32 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I don't think the Samsung TV 4oD app is the same as the Freesat 4oD app. The app on Freesat is HTML5.

In any case, these problems seem to be related to the dynamic interspersing of the ads. Isn't it more likely to be 4oD that's responsible?

Every programme I've tried has been fine, apart from this Amazing Spaces episode.

| Tue 10 Jun 2014 21:05:18 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.