My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T dizzy turn

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Just had an odd one. I switched on from standby at about 1130 and shortly after changed to BBC News Channel ready for watching during our lunch.

I soon noticed that the volume bar on the right was huge and not correctly displaying the volume, although the sound did adjust. Also that the subtitles were missing.

We stuck with it through the 12 o'clock news, after which I took it back to standby and then on again. Instead of the normal start from standby it appeared to be a full start as if I had removed power, which I had not.

Anyway, on completion it now seems to be back to normal.

I checked the software version but it was unchanged at Jan 2021.

Not looking for help, just reporting what happened for info.

| Sun 23 May 2021 12:47:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Over the years I have had this (and variants including just an oversize volume triangle) on numerous occasions on my 4000t.
    No idea what the cause is.

| Sun 23 May 2021 13:25:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Yes. Just seems like a bit of temporary memory corruption somewhere. Probably will remain a mystery.

| Sun 23 May 2021 13:29:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Not had that particular fault. But often had menu freezes over a moving tv picture or complete freeze with sound still working or partial ignoring of remote/box top functions (eg. P+, P- don't work but direct entry of a channel number does). Sometimes this resets on simple off/on (via the remote). Other times the system reboots itself or needs me to force one to correct the problem. Does sound like some rogue process corrupting the memory contents could be a possibility.

| Sun 23 May 2021 13:35:49 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.