My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T No Players working except iPlayer

(83 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

I have had problem with My5 as reported by others. But now also find problems with ITVHub and All4 Player as well on Humax 5000T cable connected to broadband router. BBC iPlayer still seems to work for now.
    Whilst My5 is completely dead, ITV and Ch4 come up but are so slow and unresponsive to handset commands so are unuseable.
    I have tried a power off, wait, then power on routine to no effect.
    I can watch these players fine on other devices connected on wifi.
    Is this a case of Humax 5000T premature obsolecence, or are we likely to get a fix?

| Sun 15 Mar 2020 19:18:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

More likely a server failure issue down to your ISP provider or an external issue

On my FVP-5000T

ITV-Player works

All-4 works.

My-5 is dead.

They all work on a freesat G2 box so it's not the box,

So yes you are likely to get a fix. Not from Humax but from the provider.

| Sun 15 Mar 2020 23:37:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

But now also find problems with ITVHub and All4 Player as well on Humax 5000T cable connected to broadband router

Please could you post a screen shot of the network status screen on the FVP. Please could you tell us also what router you are using.

| Mon 16 Mar 2020 9:03:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Just tried my 5000, seems to be the same, ITV is just hanging all4 loaded but so slow

| Mon 16 Mar 2020 19:42:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

@jaeger, glad I am not the only one. Seems you have exactly same symptoms as mine.
    @GrahamRHK, Network Status shows connected to Internet. I do get iPlayer on the 5000T, just none of the other freeview players.
    My ISP is Talktalk and Router is my own Netgear, which has all latest patches. I have checked broadband up/down speeds and both are normal and unchanged from when my Humax did work properly.
    Also note I have said all other players work fine on a Samsung Tab over wifi via that same Router. Only Humax is duff.

| Mon 16 Mar 2020 20:18:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Network Status shows connected to Internet

More info would be helpful please. What are your DNS servers showing on the status screen. There is a known issue but it is rather obscure and your config would be most helpful

| Mon 16 Mar 2020 20:34:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

I just tried ITV hub again, it took 2 minutes 57 to load and start, I'll reboot router and PVR tonight when I've finished.

Attachments

1. 2020-03-16_22.01.16_(Medium).jpg (132.3 KB, 2 downloads) 4 years old
    | Mon 16 Mar 2020 23:08:39 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I just tried ITV hub again, it took 2 minutes 57 to load and start

I agree with others on this thread - ITV and Channel 4 are painfully slow to load (much slower than I recall) and channel 5 won't work. Once loaded the programmes do seem to play OK. BBC seems much the same as previously. So there must be some generic problem that has crept into the system.
    Your screen shot shows your router acting as DNS server -which seems to be a problem for the HUMAX. As you are on a wired connection you could try setting the DNS addresses manually; either to open DNS or to the DNS servers used by your ISP; to see if that makes a difference.

| Tue 17 Mar 2020 9:08:49 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

@GrahamRHK,
    My DNS setting is also Auto, i.e. Router, which in turn I have checked is set to correct ISP DNS settings.
    I have tried alternative DNS settings but no improvement.
    I was able to get ITVhub to play a programme last night, but it is painfully slow to load and to navigate around once it is loaded. The programme played but some blank periods around advert breaks.
    All4 is even worse on Humax. I gave up waiting for it to load today.
    I have just tried ITVhub and All4 on my laptop and both are good, no slow loading and navigation is fast. So here the problem is confined only to my Humax 5000T box.

| Tue 17 Mar 2020 10:49:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rocksteady - 4 hours ago  » 
    @GrahamRHK,
    I have tried alternative DNS settings but no improvement.

Could you tell us what alternative DNS settings you have tried? Who is your broadband supplier?

I have tested the players on my FVP-5000T:

BBC iplayer works fine

ITV player: first attempt loaded basic user interface very slowly and would go no further; second attempt loaded and was able to play a programme.

Channel 4 player loaded a bit slowly and was able to play a programme.

I do wonder if part of the problem is just extra demand on the system due to people self isolating?

| Tue 17 Mar 2020 15:25:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.