My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T No Players working except iPlayer

(83 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I do wonder if part of the problem is just extra demand on the system due to people self isolating?

I wonder whether there is some selective load balancing going on to better server those working from home. Your findings are very similar to mine - slow to get going then streaming seems OK

| Tue 17 Mar 2020 18:13:21 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

rocksteady - 1 day ago  » 
    @GrahamRHK,
    My ISP is Talktalk

The other DNS addresses I tried were ones I searched for on TalkTalk. No 3rd party DNS.
    I was able, after a lot of waiting to load and navigate, to watch a programme on All4 last night.

The argument that this bad behaviour on Humax is due to some load shifting due to covid19 remote working surely does not stack up. If that was the case then why do the players all work fine on my other devices through the same router and the same broadband connection. As I said before, only problem is Humax.

| Wed 18 Mar 2020 18:48:56 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

IPlayer on my 4000t is very very slow to load once a selection is made, once it loads it plays OK. On my 2000t it's unusable, almost any navigation from the home page leads to an "oops something went wrong" message (or something like that).
    Making the same selection on my TV iPlayer, everything works flawlessly.
    Yet more credence to the theory that Humax devices access things via Humax servers.

| Thu 19 Mar 2020 17:09:08 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Yet more credence to the theory that Humax devices access things via Humax servers.

As I recall this was certainly true of older devices (eg my HD Fox T2). However the FVP4000/5000 series boxes connect directly to online services. I have been running wireshark traces on an off for many months now to attempt to understand why the FVP series is poor or unusable for many folks on this forum. I can confirm that my FVP5000T accesses streaming services directly... HOWEVER... it seems to do lots of IP based stuff at the same time - rechecking schedules, updating netflix info (BTW the only streaming service which seems to work quickly and reliably) and loads of other stuff, including accessing the humax TV portal but that seems to be only to check for SW updates. I think the developers have just tried to do too much and made it all too complicated - the net result being that IP services are very slow to load and navigate but once streaming starts it seems to work OK.
    The argument that this bad behaviour on Humax is due to some load shifting due to covid19 remote working surely does not stack up

I agree - I think this was/is a false premise.

| Fri 20 Mar 2020 9:17:50 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jewsbub123

On my 5000T, iPlayer works fine, ITV Hub is very slow but managed to get there just now (it wouldn't last night), 4 is slow, and My 5 just goes to a blank screen - it has done this for months and I have no idea how to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas please?

| Mon 23 Mar 2020 15:38:26 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jewsbub123 - 19 mins ago  » 
    Does anyone have any ideas please?

The problem with My5 has been acknowledged by Humax; sadly it seems to be taking a long time for a fix to appear and the only thing you can do is be patient (or try complaining to Humax or Channel 5). The other players performance seems to be about par for the course.

| Mon 23 Mar 2020 16:01:32 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogerd

Just to add my experience lately although I don't use catch up services very much but the only reliable ones at the moment via Humax seem to be BBC iPlayer and YouTube. All other freeview catchup services will not load or take forever to do so. Other equipment in the house load these services okay so the problem is with the FVP5000T.

| Mon 6 Apr 2020 18:18:20 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

rogerd - 6 days ago  » 
    ...the only reliable ones at the moment via Humax seem to be BBC iPlayer and YouTube. All other freeview catchup services will not load or take forever to do so. Other equipment in the house load these services okay so the problem is with the FVP5000T.

I am sorry these problems are now confirmed by other FVP5000T users.
    The Ch5 problem is long outstanding. The itvHub and All4 problems reveal a serious FVP5000T product weakness in terms of Freeview+ catchup facility.
    I have relatively happy with past Humax boxes I have owned, but these problems on FVP5000T are seriously eroding my loyalty.
    Come on Humax get it fixed please.

| Mon 13 Apr 2020 14:51:53 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

rocksteady - 22 mins ago  » 

rogerd - 6 days ago  » 
    ...the only reliable ones at the moment via Humax seem to be BBC iPlayer and YouTube. All other freeview catchup services will not load or take forever to do so. Other equipment in the house load these services okay so the problem is with the FVP5000T.

I am sorry these problems are now confirmed by other FVP5000T users.
    The Ch5 problem is long outstanding. The itvHub and All4 problems reveal a serious FVP5000T product weakness in terms of Freeview+ catchup facility.
    I have relatively happy with past Humax boxes I have owned, but these problems on FVP5000T are seriously eroding my loyalty.
    Come on Humax get it fixed please.

It is probably no good calling for Humax to fix it here, because as far as I know they do not monitor this independent forum. You need to address them more directly.

You could try uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk but I don't know how responsive they are, especially at present.

| Mon 13 Apr 2020 15:16:25 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

I have already emailed my complaint to uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk
    I hope others suffering problems with FVP5000T will also do the same.

| Tue 14 Apr 2020 10:35:43 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.