My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T No Players working except iPlayer

(83 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

I confirm that I have also just emailed Humax support in the hope they can get to the bottom of this problem. It feels as though Humax have lost interest in both the 4000 & 5000t.

| Thu 16 Apr 2020 9:18:51 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I too had this issue with ITV and Channel 4 not working on Tuesday 14th. On Wednesday I powered off the FVP and restated it. Now I have all catch up services except Ch5. However ITV and Ch4 are very slow to load - I have to be patient for 3 -4 minutes. Anyone else with this problem tried a power off/on?
    My Firestick (quite old) always works though it is also slow to load ITV and Ch4 but not so bad (30 secs to 1 minute)
    I have also run Wireshark captures on both devices when accessing ITV and watching a programme and both seem to show a very similar sequence. I have yet to discover where the delay in loading occurs but will get back when I have something to report. Out of interest, it seems that ITV streaming is handled by Akamai edge servers - I read that most streaming services use Akamai for performance reasons.

| Fri 17 Apr 2020 8:26:02 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

This is the reply I received from Humax yesterday:-
    -----

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.

We have been made aware of people with similar issues to your self and we are finding that generally these performance or lagging issues are being resolve with a reboot/reset of both the box and your broadband router. If you can please try the below steps and see if it helps with the issue if you could please advise either way as to it's effectiveness then it will help us investigate the issue in a more comprehensive manner.

If you are having issues connecting your Humax Box to the Network, internet or On Demand Players then please take the following steps:

• Turn the Humax Box off with the remote or the button on the front of the box
    • Turn the Humax Box off at the mains
    • Power down and then turn the Broadband Hub/Router off at the mains
    • Leave the Broadband Hub/Router off for 5 minutes
    • Turn the Broadband Hub/Router back on at the mains
    • Wait another 5 minutes and turn the Humax Box on at the mains. Then with the remote or the button on the front of the box power it on.

If after performing these steps and you do not have access you will need to add your Humax Box in your modem/router as an exception with full access in your security settings.

You will need to ensure that the following ports are opened on your router for the Humax Box.

HTTP: 80
    HTTP: 8080
    SSL: 443

If you are not seeing the router/hub and cannot connect then the issue can be caused by the default WiFi encryption protocol on the router. Make sure that the Hub is set to "WPA" auto or "WPA-PSK"(Tkip). If the box is unable to connect then you would need to try the router on WEP temporarily to rule out any WiFi security issues.

You may need to have your ISP walk you through through the process of changing either the port information or the WiFi protocol.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Best Regards,

Ruairi H
    Humax Customer Support

----

| Fri 17 Apr 2020 10:59:12 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocksteady

Well I tried the switch off/on cycle.
    itvHub and All4 now take minutes to load. However when they eventually load the home page, navigation via handset seems a bit more responsive than last time.
    Still catchup services via Humax remain an inferior user experience compared to other devices at home.

| Fri 17 Apr 2020 12:04:47 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

Received following reply from Humax;
    This is due to a poor response from the My5 server. It is something that we have highlighted to them previously and are waiting on them to fix, however we can't fix this ourselves due to it being a service we do not provide, only host.

This is the response we have had from My5 on the issue:

“Unfortunately there hasn't been any significant progress with this yet. The Tech Team are continuing to work on it as a priority as an increasing number of people are reporting issues and we do want to get it resolved as soon as possible but they're struggling to confirm the exact cause at present. As the issue seems specific to Humax devices, we believe that the problem lies with how those devices read the app's code and that something in there is causing it to fail, but it's a little bit of a needle in a haystack situation at present unfortunately whilst we try to determine exactly what is causing it. We are continuing to press on with this though, as I say, and it is one of our top priorities because we don't want our content to be as accessible to everyone on as many devices as possible. Thanks and apologies again that this problem is still on-going.
    Customer Support Team | My5”

| Mon 20 Apr 2020 15:57:56 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

Received following reply from Humax;
    This is due to a poor response from the My5 server. It is something that we have highlighted to them previously and are waiting on them to fix, however we can't fix this ourselves due to it being a service we do not provide, only host.

This is the response we have had from My5 on the issue:

“Unfortunately there hasn't been any significant progress with this yet. The Tech Team are continuing to work on it as a priority as an increasing number of people are reporting issues and we do want to get it resolved as soon as possible but they're struggling to confirm the exact cause at present. As the issue seems specific to Humax devices, we believe that the problem lies with how those devices read the app's code and that something in there is causing it to fail, but it's a little bit of a needle in a haystack situation at present unfortunately whilst we try to determine exactly what is causing it. We are continuing to press on with this though, as I say, and it is one of our top priorities because we don't want our content to be as accessible to everyone on as many devices as possible. Thanks and apologies again that this problem is still on-going.
    Customer Support Team | My5”

| Mon 20 Apr 2020 15:58:26 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marcelhilllside

I have experienced very poor picture / sound quality on ITV and Channel 4. When viewed without going through the box the picture / sound quality is fine. Then trying ITV Hub and All4 both are incredibly slow to load but play okay when you eventually get there. This is a recent (last 7 days) problem. Like others iPlayer is fine. Not tried My5.
    Access to ITV Hub and All4 over the same broadband network on iPads is perfect.

Very very frustrating.

| Mon 11 May 2020 15:31:13 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Marcelhilllside - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have experienced very poor picture / sound quality on ITV and Channel 4.

This suggests the box is not correctly tuned. You might try an Automatic Channel Search (Red F button)> Settings> Channel Settings> Automatic Channel Search). Make sure to select the Default option rather than SMART. It will delete your schedule of future recordings so you might want to take photos of the schedule first). If that doesn't improve things then try a manual channel search using the instructions at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/manual-tuning-instructions-1 but note the URL in step 1 is out of date; use https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management

| Mon 11 May 2020 18:35:43 #28 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

error

| Mon 11 May 2020 19:11:41 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marcelhilllside

I have re tuned using the default. No change to the quality of ITV Channel 4 etc. This cannot, and has not, made any difference to the apps. ITV Hub and All4 are still so slow as to give up rather than wait not knowing whether it is thinking or not received the message from the handset!

| Wed 13 May 2020 19:02:21 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.