My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T Recordings disappeared

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianblamey

Hi,

2 nights ago over 300 recordings have disappeared.

5000T 1TB Drive. Power downs including overnight has not made any difference.

I was able to record 4 programs that night but the disk space is showing as 96% available. It is as if the drive has been totally wiped clean by itself.

To lose such a large library of programs still to watch is quite a shock.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

| Sat 5 Aug 2023 14:47:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I had huge problems on my 4000T with recordings taking ages to show. The recordings were there and when they finally did show I deleted a load of them to get the disk down to 60% or so and the problem disappeared.

The problem started when the disk got to about 50 hours HD remaining.

I wondered if there was a problem with the last bit of disk getting "thrashed". If the disk only has a few hours space left all activity is in that space. I could not check the disk - it just hanged even leaving it 24 hours.

| Sat 26 Aug 2023 0:14:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianblamey

Thanks John.

I don't remember the hours. A vast amount of the recordings were SD. The pie chart was showing something like twenty five to twelve.

I had not used much more than half the disk space.

Checked again today and still the same situation. All recordings lost.

Thank you.

Ian

| Mon 28 Aug 2023 16:16:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

My disk has finally failed completely. The sequence, over a few months, was that I got the No Recordings message but waiting short while brought them back. The waiting period grew longer and longer. The Test Disk ran overnight without completing.

Deleting recorded programmes down from 90% utilised to 60% utilised seemed to fix it but, after a few weeks the No Recordings message came back.

It then failed completely. I couldn't see any recordings from my PC. Test Disk ran for hours. In desperation, I tried to Format the disk but it did not work.

I took out the disk and plugged it into my Windows 10 PC and PC did not recognise it at all. I could not format the disk on the PC.

I had an old 500GB Seagate Pipeline disk lying around (as one does) and put it in the FVP-4000T. It did not recognise any of the recordings I think were on the disk. I formatted the disk and all was now OK.

| Tue 19 Sep 2023 17:49:53 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.