My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T switching on apparently at random

(56 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mlavende

I've had this quite a lot too.

Most of my kit (BD/Vero/Squeezebox) is connected directly to a Denon amp and then to the TV via a single HDMI. The 5000T is direct to the TV on it's own HDMI socket with audio from the TV via optical out to the AMP. The first time of the day when I switch on any piece of kit then the 5000T will also switch on. This can be by a remote or by pressing the hardware power switch.

I have the 5000T switch on overnight for 30 mins as recommended to grab the EPG and so this is the the first time after that happens. I wonder whether the shutdown after that is somehow different to a user shutdown because the 5000T does not switch on if using any other kit later in the day - it is only ever the first time I switch on in the day.

I do not have any kind of CEC enabled on any device since it's more trouble than it's worth and I have a Logitech remote to do everything I need.

Hope this gives some more clues for what is definitely a 'problem' albeit one I can live with

Thanks

-Mat

| Fri 5 Jul 2019 15:45:31 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mengineer

Martin Liddle; I suspect it might be that a good number of users leave their STB on permanently so they wouldn't be aware of this problem which is reported by many users on this forum. In addition, others may not be aware of it being powered up due to the poor visibility of the status led's on some surfaces. I only power my box on to watch recorded programmes, never to watch live broadcasts as it's easier to use the tuners built into the television.

| Fri 5 Jul 2019 18:58:13 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mengineer - 2 mins ago  » 
    Martin Liddle; I suspect it might be that a good number of users leave their STB on permanently so they wouldn't be aware of this problem which is reported by many users on this forum.

Why do you suspect that; it isn't the default setting for the box. As I count it there have been five distinct reports in this thread (and a couple of those have subsequently reported that they believe the problem in their cases is caused by other remote controls). Clearly the issue exists but it doesn't seem to be widespread.

In addition, others may not be aware of it being powered up due to the poor visibility of the status led's on some surfaces.

That is a possibility. I am pretty confident that I have never seen our box power up unexpectedly.

| Fri 5 Jul 2019 19:02:30 #53 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 3 hours ago  » 

mengineer - 2 mins ago  » 
    Martin Liddle; I suspect it might be that a good number of users leave their STB on permanently so they wouldn't be aware of this problem which is reported by many users on this forum.

Mine does when using a Harmony remote despite using the harmony remote to learn a different renote code-set. Reverting to the original two remotes solves the issue.

Why do you suspect that; it isn't the default setting for the box. As I count it there have been five distinct reports in this thread (and a couple of those have subsequently reported that they believe the problem in their cases is caused by other remote controls). Clearly the issue exists but it doesn't seem to be widespread.

In addition, others may not be aware of it being powered up due to the poor visibility of the status led's on some surfaces.

That is a possibility. I am pretty confident that I have never seen our box power up unexpectedly.

| Fri 5 Jul 2019 23:08:28 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

George51

I had this problem every time I looked at the box it had powered up with no remote controls being used. I shut it down and within 4 minutes it was on again and I tried it lots of times. the way that seems to stop it booting up is to turn the power saving mode on. It doesn't make that much difference to boot up times and it has not started itself once in the last 24 hours

| Wed 17 Jul 2019 10:12:26 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mengineer

Thanks George. Following your suggestion (which I'm sure I tried a while ago), I enabled the power saving mode yesterday. This afternoon I noticed the unit fully powered up again, so it doesn't work for me!

| Thu 18 Jul 2019 20:00:19 #56 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.