My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

5000T switching on apparently at random

(56 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Incidentally - Guessing I don't have to make a recording to emulate the issue. It's known the cached epg is cleared overnight and only gets refreshed when the box wakes to make a recording. I have a power on/off sequence 07:00-07:15 so when I get to use the box the epg is fully populated.

Try Power On 07:00 BBC 1 HD Volume 20 with a Power Off at 07:15. Can you now boot the box without it making a recording ?

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 16:02:21 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

aciddad - 1 day ago  » 
    In my experience various buttons on a number of different remotes can switch on a 4000T (and a 4000T running 5000T software), but only after the sequence detailed in my post #22. Has anyone experiencing this problem checked if this is when their box is affected?
    David.

Not sure, David, but you may have a point here. I will continue checking for a while to confirm, one way or the other.

| Thu 1 Feb 2018 14:49:12 #42 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Losing the will to live. All day after uncovering the IR window, the 5000T has remained firmly in sby. I checked around 22:00 hrs box had gone into sby with red LED after last recording of the day.

Watching Death In Paradise recording on Freesat just noticed 5000T is fully booted with blue led at 22:55.

I have paused Death In Paradise a few times while watching. No idea which if any of the this caused the boot. Based on previous it must be some IR interaction.

Just checked at 23:08 box has gone back into full sby. Need to check that auto power off is still disabled. Might have forgotten to turn it off after last reset.

| Thu 1 Feb 2018 23:06:41 #43 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Checked this morning and Auto Power Off is set to on. This is default so has been on since the recent reset.

This makes last nights boot hard to understand. The unit was recording to 21:02. The unit shut itself down at 23:08 presumably due to auto power off. This means the last remote interaction was 4 hrs before at 19:08. At this time the unit was recording so if a power on command was given at this time the box should have shown blue after the completion of the last recording at 21:02. This didn't happen, so why didn't the rogue boot command reset the 4 hr countdown of the auto power off sequence ?

| Fri 2 Feb 2018 9:58:52 #44 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's 21:45 and once again the FVP-5000T is fully booted, after the last recording of the day has finished. No issue all day. Will see if what time it shuts down based on the auto power off sequence if it shuts down before watching requiem in chasing playback completes.

| Fri 2 Feb 2018 21:49:47 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I think aciddad is probably correct that it needs the 5000T to have been recording in auto for this problem with other remotes to occur.

Yesterday, mine stayed in standby all day, regardless of what I did with the Topfield remote (apart from powering up from 7:00 to 7:20 to refresh the EPG).

During the evening the Humax recorded automatically for a while and then went back to standby. Shortly after, I noticed that it had booted up again. I didn't actually see it come on, but I had been using the Toppy remote a fair bit, so it was almost certainly at one of those times.

All very mysterious.

| Sun 4 Feb 2018 9:15:50 #46 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's certainly odd. Yesterday I had no random boots at all. Not sure if it's relevant yesterday evening was watching Amazon Prime (Fire TV Box Bluetooth Remote) and then Requiem Iplayer on HDR-1000S.

| Sun 4 Feb 2018 10:43:52 #47 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Booted twice yesterday at 17:30 and 22:30 and has just booted again 10 mins after finishing a recording.

| Mon 5 Feb 2018 14:28:35 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mengineer

I've owned one of these for around 9 months and am having exactly the same issue with the unit powering itself on at random times (not related to other remotes being used). At the request of Humax support I did the usual factory reset which initially solved the problem, however over the following weeks the problem steadily became apparent again initially powering up just once a week, then twice until now a couple of months later it's most days! There is an obvious issue with the design of this unit which is a shame because the fundamental operation works well.

| Fri 5 Jul 2019 13:08:35 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mengineer - 1 hour ago  » 
    There is an obvious issue with the design of this unit which is a shame because the fundamental operation works well.

If it is "an obvious issue" why do most other people not experience the specific problem?

| Fri 5 Jul 2019 14:27:28 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.