My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9150T tuning into two transmitters

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SenseofHumax

Hi,

My 9150 has never been particularly good at tung in, once we found it was a cheap DVD player interfering, but at the moment I cannot get ITV channels in any sort of quality.

I should be getting a strong signal from Blackhill, but manually tuning it I cannot get the Itv channels and am having to manually Tunis them into Craigkelly. BBC channels are perfect from Blackhill.

I was about to buy a new box, but am reluctant to do so if this tuning issue is going to persist.

I had wanted to move the tv too, bought a new 5m aerial extension to replace the 1m current one and couldn't get a signal at all even plugged into the tv direct. So I obviously don't have a great signal.

Aerial hasn't moved since we bought the house five years ago but flats have gone up opposite which are about as tall as our house. Weather at the moment is very windy and wintry, snow showers.

The perfect storm?

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 22:46:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SenseofHumax

Sorry about apples ipad spell checker, wish I could turn off auto correct but they know best....

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 22:48:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SenseofHumax - 11 minutes ago  » 
    My 9150 has never been particularly good at tung in, once we found it was a cheap DVD player interfering, but at the moment I cannot get ITV channels in any sort of quality.

Are you using the Biggles instructions on manual tuning Link to Biggles instructions?

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 22:59:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SenseofHumax

Yes I am, this is how I stumbled across this forum.

I did read on one site that you had to manually return and delete again five times for it to become effective. I haven't done that, but I have gone to standby snd back every time I've tuned it by hand.

Went through the channels for Blackhill one by one snd only got BBC, went through Craigkelly one by one and got ITV and all the shopping type channels, but no Bbc.

Stv from Craigkelly is still broken up, bbc from blackhill is crystal clear. Don't understand why the Itv channels don't come through as strong from blackhill?

Signal strength on the itv channels is under 60%, quality bouncing from 10 - 80%.

| Sun 22 Dec 2013 23:05:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SenseofHumax - 1 hour ago  » 
    I did read on one site that you had to manually return and delete again five times for it to become effective. I haven't done that, but I have gone to standby snd back every time I've tuned it by hand.

Neither of those things are necessary as far as I know.

Went through the channels for Blackhill one by one snd only got BBC, went through Craigkelly one by one and got ITV and all the shopping type channels, but no Bbc.
    Stv from Craigkelly is still broken up, bbc from blackhill is crystal clear. Don't understand why the Itv channels don't come through as strong from blackhill?
    Signal strength on the itv channels is under 60%, quality bouncing from 10 - 80%.

So is your aerial pointing at Blackhill or Craigkelly? Is the aerial horizontally or vertically aligned? Have you checked the aerial cable for water ingress after the recent bad weather? Can your neighbours get satisfactory reception?

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 1:04:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

As for the Ipad...Auto Correction and Check Spelling can be set here,

Settings, General, Keyboard, Auto-Correction & Check Spelling.

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 8:00:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SenseofHumax

Its pointing west or slightly south west which is towards blackhill. I have no idea where craigkelly is!

Aerial is indoor so id guess water ingress isnt a problem, neighbours dont have a problem but no idea wch way their aerial points, its in doors too.

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 9:10:21 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SenseofHumax

Aerial guy couldnt come for two weeks so checked the agle of the aerials on flats opposite, went into the loft and adjusted mine by about two inches to the left.

Now got 100% signal quality across the board and i can use the longer aerial cable as well!

Simple things...

Aerial guy coming anyway to check the aerial is suitable for the strength of the signal and to fix it in place !!

| Mon 23 Dec 2013 11:04:24 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.