My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9200T recording schedule.

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

springgranddad4

Hi. My 9200T will not record when set up under 'recording schedule' say for tomorrow. Also, what is the 'lock, enable/disable' for?

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 13:33:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

springgranddad4 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi. My 9200T will not record when set up under 'recording schedule' say for tomorrow. Also, what is the 'lock, enable/disable' for?

Are you still manual tuning as you were before?
    9200t-poor-quality-video
    Instructions are here: Manual Tuning Instructions

Also when placed in standby does the front panel display show '--:--'?
    Explaination is here: my 9200t shows --:-- in standby

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 14:59:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

springgranddad4

Hello Luke. Yes I am manual tuning, and have done so just today. The standby display shows ----- . When I set to record, there is a small picture of a clock top right, but when the time comes, nothing happens.

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 16:43:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

springgranddad4 - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Hello Luke. Yes I am manual tuning, and have done so just today. The standby display shows ----- . When I set to record, there is a small picture of a clock top right, but when the time comes, nothing happens.

Apologies springgranddad4. I posted the wrong link earlier.
    See my 9200tshows --:-- in standby

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 17:15:09 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

springgranddad4 - 2 hours ago  » 

You have indicated 5 dashes, this is not correct. Do you mean '4 dashes' ---- at the left hand side of the display or do you mean '2 dashes colon 2 dashes' --:-- at the right hand side of the display? Look carefully.

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 19:10:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

springgranddad4

Hello Luke. You forced me to put my glasses on! Your 2nd option here. To the right, the 4 dashes are each two smaller ones, with a flashing colon between them. I set up to record at 15.20 yesterday and it didn't. After 15 minutes I selected the channel I wanted to record, pressed record on the remote and it recorded no problem. Checked it this morning. Again, what is the lock, enable/disable in recording schedule for?

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 10:38:22 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

springgranddad4 - 50 minutes ago  » 
    Again, what is the lock, enable/disable in recording schedule for?

Parental control; you can mark recordings as locked and they can only be played (or unlocked) by someone who knows the PIN.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 11:29:35 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

springgranddad4 - 5 hours ago  » 
    Hello Luke. You forced me to put my glasses on! Your 2nd option here. To the right, the 4 dashes are each two smaller ones, with a flashing colon between them. I set up to record at 15.20 yesterday and it didn't. After 15 minutes I selected the channel I wanted to record, pressed record on the remote and it recorded no problem. Checked it this morning. Again, what is the lock, enable/disable in recording schedule for?

So when your 9200 is ON you have the clock displaying normally but when in STANDBY the clock is replaced by --:--. If this is correct then you need to follow my clock repair instructions linked to by Luke in post #4. Use ordinary household meths as the cleaning agent. The reason your recordings are failing from STANDBY is simply because your 9200 doesn't know what time it is when in STANDBY.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 16:05:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

springgranddad4

I give up. Much as I would like to have this machine operating properly, I can't get it to record in STANDBY. OK, so it doesn't know what time it is in STANDBY. Very reasonable diagnosis and no doubt right, but it doesn't help. All I get from humaxfix/diagnostictools is Subscription Expired. Perhaps I could get it serviced. Where? I'm near Haywards Heath.

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 15:58:33 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I can only suggest you re-read my post #8 immediately above your last and if your clock is displaying --:-- in STANDBY where the clock digits should be then you can fix it yourself by following my clock repair instructions.

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 17:22:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.