My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300 recording failure (Scott & Bailey)

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianmcneil

I set my 9300 from the EPG to record Scott & Bailey (ITV1, 2100-2200) on 23 April. The recording stopped at 2110 and appeared in the playback list with green + yellow symbol to its left. So on 30 April I set the timing manually - but the recording still stopped at 2210 with the same symbol displayed. What does the symbol mean, and is this a known problem with Scott & Bailey?

| Tue 1 May 2012 0:51:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianmcneil

I'm disappointed that nobody has responded! OThis must be is the wrong site to get advice.

| Fri 4 May 2012 9:07:04 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As per my other response if members do not record this programme, then it is not a surprise at the lack of response however:

The symbol is displayed when 'A Recording is stopped due to an unexpected error' wording taken from the manual.

What software version do you have on board?
    Are you sure you are only tuned to one transmitter?
    Is this the only prgramme you are having this issue with?

As the series has now ended it is going to be difficult to try and replicate.

| Fri 4 May 2012 9:43:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianmcneil

Thank you Barry. When I first had the 9300 in January last year, there were persistent problems with recording failures and as Humax couldn't help (except by replacing the unit, which both lost recordings that had succeeded and also didn't solve the problem) I sought advice from a site which I thought was this one. A helpful chap explained that I was on the border of two transmitter areas and guided me through the procedure for manual tuning to only one set of signals, so within 48 hours the cure was in place. I've now realised that it was a different site, which I haven't yet been able to locate!

Yes, my wife found the green and yellow symbol while trawling through the (black and white) manual. It just confirms the problem, doesn't it? And yes, this was the only programme to have encountered the problem - else I would have listed them.

I'm not a teckie so "software version" means nothing to me, but I think I'm getting updates when they are transmitted.

| Sun 6 May 2012 8:40:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxowner

I regularly have the same problem, usually on Channel 5 (Freeview Channel 804) in the evening where it cuts out 11 minutes into the programme, usually on an advert break. My aerial should be pointing towards Emley Moor transmitter but seems to pick up the Belton transmitter (at least BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, C4 and C5 do and had to do a manual retune to Emley Moor. Apparently there was a number of us in South Yorkshire that needed to do this.) As I think about it, I do not seem to have the same problem when using Channel 5 +1 (on Freeview Channel 44) and will try this channel to record from in the future.

The software version I have is HPTF 1.00.26. Is that the latest?

| Sun 6 May 2012 12:47:34 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum humaxowner

If your Channel 5 is located on 804 then it is highly likely that you are still tuned to 2 transmitters and this is the source of your problems.

| Sun 6 May 2012 23:24:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

ianmcneil - 1 day ago  » 
    When I first had the 9300 in January last year, there were persistent problems with recording failures and as Humax couldn't help (except by replacing the unit, which both lost recordings that had succeeded and also didn't solve the problem) I sought advice from a site which I thought was this one. A helpful chap explained that I was on the border of two transmitter areas and guided me through the procedure for manual tuning to only one set of signals, so within 48 hours the cure was in place.

ianmcneil - 18 hours ago  » 
    The highest radio channel is 810 (and there are no duplicates).
    Software Version is UPTTF 1.00.26.
    No, I haven't done a Default Setting - it's to be avoided I think, because of the need to retune manually as I'm on the border of at least 2 transmitter areas.

Although it is behaving better than before having a radio channel at 810 is not normal after a successful manual tune. Being reluctant to action default setting may also be adding to the issue.

See post #3 on this link for how to manual tune http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/pixelating-channels-34-5-on-9300t

| Mon 7 May 2012 13:05:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianmcneil

Thanks Luke. Yes there are duplicate radio channels in the 7xx and 8xx ranges. Could this really cause a TV recording to stop (as opposed to fail completely)?

I have set the PVR to record again this evening between 2100 and 2130 (although the programme which had the problem has ended its run). (In my initial post 2210 should read 2110.) If it succeeds this time, I will blame Scott & Bailey!

| Mon 7 May 2012 15:29:46 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

ianmcneil - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks Luke. Yes there are duplicate radio channels in the 7xx and 8xx ranges. Could this really cause a TV recording to stop (as opposed to fail completely)?

Yes because it usually means you are receiving from more than one transmitter, you should do the following belt and braces procedure.

Make a note of your reservations so you can easily re-enter them into the recording schedule. Do a Default Setting, reset any personal menu settings you may have made then check for TV and RADIO channels in the 800 range of channel numbers. If you find any or want to make sure that you receive signals only from the transmitter your aerial is pointing at then you need to do a Manual Search, follow my instructions linked to by Luke in post #7. Re-enter you reservations into the recording schedule.

When the Freeview channel line-up changes in the future and you have to retune then just follow my Manual Search instructions again, there will be no need to do a Default Setting unless you feel your machine is not functioning correctly. You will have to re-enter your reservations after each retune.

| Mon 7 May 2012 17:51:36 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ianmcneil

Thank you Biggles. Last evening's recording was successful, I'm pleased to say. Are you saying that the Freeview channel line-up is going to change in the future, or just pointing out that it may change? And can I simply delete all the 8xx radio channels (there are no 8xx TV channels)?

| Tue 8 May 2012 7:00:31 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.