My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T HDMI Switching

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DevonLad

My mother-in-law has a 9300T and an old Panasonic DVD Recorder. The 9300 is connected via HDMI and the Panasonic via SCART.

She had a 7 year old Panasonic Viera TV that has failed and we have replaced it with a (cheap - £250) Samsung LED. With the Viera, and the two boxes connected as described above, the TV would automatically switch inputs when either the Humax or Panasonic was switched on. She is elderly so this worked great for her.

With the new Samsung, the TV input switches OK via SCART when the Panasonic is turned on (and with the Humax, if I connect it via SCART), but the Humax, via HDMI, does not change the TV to the correct input (I have tried HDMI 1 and 2) and the input has to be changed via the TV's remote.

The TV retailer tells me this is because the Humax does not send the correct signal to the TV via HDMI to switch inputs and that the Samsung TV is not at fault. But if this is true, why did the Humax switch inputs correctly when connected to an old Viera?

Are they correct that it is the Humax design that is the problem? If so, any suggestions?

My only thought is to connect both boxes to SCART via a SCART Splitter, but I haven't tried this yet.

Elderly ladies and new or changed technology don't mix!

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 14:28:35 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

The 9300t does not receive HD broadcasts, it is an SD box that upscales, but you may find the picture just as good via SCART and let the TV upscale. Does it not have 2 scart inputs?

I don't know about your particular TV but the Samsung I have doesn't autodetect and switch HDMI either. I have to manually switch between my HDR and V+ box.

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 15:21:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DevonLad

I am aware that it is an SD box. The new TV doesnt have 2 SCART sockets, otherwise that would be the fix. Hence my thinking about a SCART Splitter.

Just odd that a 7-year old TV auto-switches inputs and a new one doesn't.

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 16:13:11 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I use this setup with a 9200 and Panasonic DVD/VHS recorder, might work for you.

Humax TV SCART > Panasonic AV2 SCART
    Panasonic AV1 SCART > TV

With the Panasonic in STANDBY the Humax picture is passed through to the TV. Switching the Panasonic ON overrides the Humax and displays its own picture. Switching the Panasonic OFF or selecting AV2 as its source returns to the Humax picture. This connection scheme also allows me to transfer recordings from the Humax to DVD or VHS tape.

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 17:10:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DevonLad

Biggles - 18 hours ago  » 
    I use this setup with a 9200 and Panasonic DVD/VHS recorder, might work for you.
    Humax TV SCART > Panasonic AV2 SCART
    Panasonic AV1 SCART > TV
    With the Panasonic in STANDBY the Humax picture is passed through to the TV. Switching the Panasonic ON overrides the Humax and displays its own picture. Switching the Panasonic OFF or selecting AV2 as its source returns to the Humax picture. This connection scheme also allows me to transfer recordings from the Humax to DVD or VHS tape.

That's very helpful, I am going to try that.

It's so long since I have used SCART on my own setup that I had forgotten about using pass-through.

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 11:43:59 #5 |
  6. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

DevonLad - 8 hours ago  » 
    It's so long since I have used SCART on my own setup that I had forgotten about using pass-through.

As had I - and I wrote the FAQ for the 9200t Q) How do I connect up a DVD Recorder (DVDR) with the Hummy and TV.

| Fri 11 Jan 2013 20:21:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DevonLad

Well, just for anyone else looking for a solution to this problem:

The setup described by Biggles above worked for me.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 13:11:19 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.