My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300T - Jumps during playback

(48 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

abarthman

pmb - 1 day ago  » 
    I have a similar problem with my 9150T. I don't watch Family Guy or American Dad so I can't comment on whether it happens with them but the pattern I have identified is that it can happen on any channel but predominantly programmes broadcast between the hours of 21-30 and 22-00. Can anyone else relate to this experience?

Yes, that sounds about right.

I've got a 9150T and am trying to watch Kill List - recorded from Film Four in November- right now and, about an hour in, the film is jumping and the sound is cutting in and out every half second or so.

If I want to be sure of a decent recording, I rely on my trusty, old TiVo, connected to a freeview box.

| Sat 1 Feb 2014 19:43:08 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

So is it fair to say that stuttering on playback is NOT a sign of the hard drive failing but down to some incompatibility between the Humax and whatever is broadcast?

If the latter then is this fixed by later models?

I have the same problem...mainly stuttering on (usually) films and had thought it was the drive failing but maybe not.

| Fri 9 Oct 2015 9:38:25 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

countryman - 2 hours ago  » 
    So is it fair to say that stuttering on playback is NOT a sign of the hard drive failing but down to some incompatibility between the Humax and whatever is broadcast?
    If the latter then is this fixed by later models?

Stuttering on playback can be a sign of a failing hard drive but if you are consistently seeing recordings from specific programs and channels stuttering but others completely unaffected then it is far more likely to be the known inherent fault.

Neither the earlier 9200 or any of the later models suffer from this problem.

| Fri 9 Oct 2015 12:26:43 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

That is a very helpful response, thanks, Martin. Gives me an excellent line of enquiry. When you say later models, I am assuming you mean the Fox, HD variants etc ?

| Fri 9 Oct 2015 13:52:41 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

countryman - 38 minutes ago  » 
    That is a very helpful response, thanks, Martin. Gives me an excellent line of enquiry. When you say later models, I am assuming you mean the Fox, HD variants etc ?

I mean everything that has come afterwards: boxes for Freeview, YouView, Freeview Play, Freesat.

| Fri 9 Oct 2015 14:32:48 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

OK, thanks.

| Fri 9 Oct 2015 14:55:45 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

pmb

I last commented on this problem back in January 2014. Posts around that time seemed to be referring to some known issue which suggested that the problem is something in the transmission which is only picked up by certain boxes but I cannot be sure I understood it correctly. What I do know is that this seems to be an intermittent problem which can go away for months and then suddenly return with a vengeance. My problem did eventually disappear after my last post but has returned in the last few months. Is it coincidence that this issue has raised its head again now on this thread?

One example of fairly recent experience is the final minutes of Person of Interest. It jumped during the final minutes EVERY week. Now you can't tell me that is solely down to my box!

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 11:22:11 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Baza

Hi newbie here,i have a 9150T and also have the same probs as above,
    if your saying the 9150T has an inherent fault.I presume the 9150T,
    is destine for the bin,so what model would your suggest next,please.
    Cheers Baza

| Tue 20 Oct 2015 13:24:08 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

It's always on Film 4 and I also discovered that our elderly Hitachi Vestel also stutters and in the same places.

| Wed 11 Nov 2015 23:52:35 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Erica Clarke

My PVR9300T jumps forwards as well. Ok if watching foreign language programme with subtitles as by using forward button can read what is being said. It is happening more and more, only on commercial channels, I think (have to check that). It appears no one has an answer? Drives me nuts!

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 15:36:39 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.