My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

9300t problems

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

deedah136

I bought a refurbished 9300t from Amazon (stupidly it turns out) and have had nothing but problems with it. I've re set it I don't know how many times, done manual retunes by the shedload and re-formatted the hard drive/disk too. It is running on the system ending in .26. I have contacted the seller via Amazon and asked for advice which was not forthcoming and requested a return/refund - also not forthcoming. Amazon also won't help. I've read that software can be downloaded but I only have a desktop Apple computer and no special cables or anything. I've seen that I could replace the hard drive but would need step by step instructions to do this. I cannot locate someone locally who repairs these machines. Can anyone help?????????

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 9:56:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

There are a number of faults which can occur with these units. If you take them one at a time the ones that can be improved upon are doable with some guidance.

What issues are you having?

Also how did you tune manually?
    Manually tuning to get the best out of a 9300T isn't just a case of selecting manual tuning from the menus and trying it out, some people can actually make it worse! For manual tuning instructions see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097.
    Points to note are that all TV and Radio stations must be first removed and then only frequencies from 1 single transmitter must be manually tuned.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 10:45:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

By the way software 26 (from 2011)is the latest.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 10:55:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

deedah136 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I bought a refurbished 9300t from Amazon (stupidly it turns out) and have had nothing but problems with it. I've re set it I don't know how many times, done manual retunes by the shedload and re-formatted the hard drive/disk too.

You need to tell us what problems you are experiencing for anybody to offer any useful help.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 11:28:43 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Luke - 52 minutes ago  » 

Manually tuning to get the best out of a 9300T isn't just a case of selecting manual tuning from the menus and trying it out, some people can actually make it worse! For manual tuning instructions see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097.

There are now more HD multiplexes than there were when I last edited the instructions, just ignore all HD multiplexes.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 11:41:05 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

deedah136

I've only done it from the menu but I've followed the links and got the info from these replies and will give that a go before I launch it through the window. Thanks x

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 14:56:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

deedah136

The main problems are the recording schedule clearing itself at will, series links and other recordings not being recorded, the clock in standby is an hour out, freezing, EPG not loading.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 15:00:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

deedah136 - 53 minutes ago  » 
    The main problems are the recording schedule clearing itself at will, series links and other recordings not being recorded, the clock in standby is an hour out, freezing, EPG not loading.

The recording schedule clearing itself is a well known problem (on the 9300 and 9150) and once it starts to effect a box it is almost impossible to get rid of. Personally I think it is a hardware problem but others think it is a software problem; either way you have been sold a faulty box. Demand your money back.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 15:56:39 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

deedah136 - 3 hours ago  » 

Your clock should not be an hour out, check Menu > Preferences > Time Setting > GMT Offset, is it set to Auto.
    In your first post you say you have "re set it I don't know how many times", do you mean you have done a Default Setting from the Installation menu, or something else?

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 18:47:30 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

deedah136

I've asked for a refund and the seller is refusing to reply. Amazon will not help either. I've done the default settings and the reformat from the menu. I've followed the instructions yesterday for a manual tuning. I went to bed with the box on Standby and when I got up this morning, the box was On, it had recorded everything until midnight then nothing and the recording schedule had cleared itself AGAIN.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 7:52:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.