My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Add 2tb upgrade 1010s

(3 posts)
  1. Davy

Davy

special member

Apologies because I have asked a similar question here before but I don't want to break my Humax 1010s, the white version.
    I bought this when it first came out and have had no problems at all with it except I keep running out of space on the 1tb hard drive because I like to record a full tv series before I I watch it.
    What I need is exactly what 2tb hard drive I need to buy for it, make and model etc.
    Then, I need instructions from start to finish on how to remove old one then fit new larger one and do I need to format it etc? Can I copy old recordings to a laptop then back to new one for example?
    If someone can talk me through it from removing first screws etc as I tried with an old Sky box and ruined it but kept the old hard drive which is a 2tb one and put it in an enclosure to use it for backups etc but had to throw box out.
    I know it's probably a lot to ask, but would really appreciate if I could get instructions as I don't need to buy another box as this one is working 100% except for the smaller hard drive.
    Thank you in advance for any help here...

| Fri 25 Sep 2015 13:48:09 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can't copy your existing recordings.

It's very straightforward. Disconnect the box completely. Remove the rubber feet to expose the case screws. Remove these and lift of the top to reveal the innards. The hard drive is in a carrier. Unplug the drive data and power connectors and unscrew the carrier screws to lift out the drive and carrier. Simply replace the old drive with the new one and replace the carrier and two cables.

Put everything back together and re-connect your box. Power up the box with the TV on and the pvr input selected. The box will set up the drive ad then go through the Freesat setup you did when you first set up the box.

| Fri 25 Sep 2015 15:37:23 #2 |
  3. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

Thread closed as duplicate is here.

| Fri 25 Sep 2015 16:56:18 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.