My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Advice on best sound options with Aura

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

larkim - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sadly, no! Tried a YT video which was notionally a 5.1 demo but the TV options didn't shift from just PCM or DTS Neo 2.5. The "demo" of the surround speakers sounded very tinny, which isn't what I expected (I know I don't actually have surround speakers, but expected the soundbar to emulate them as front left / front right without losing volume / quality). Like I say, I don't know what I should expect, as learning about "surround sound" tech hasn't been on my radar before.
    DTS Neo 2.5 sounds "good" to me, so perhaps I should just stick with that. But I never like wondering whether there's something else in my lounge which could do more!

Were you using the Aura to access YouTube? Did you set the Aura Audio output to "Optical or HDMI ARC (up to 5.1 ch)" ?

| Mon 19 Aug 2024 12:32:52 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Yes, YT via the Aura interface (i.e. not the TV's built in "smart" stuff nor using the Chromecast dongle I also have plugged into the TV for when the Aura doesn't work )

I think I have the Aura's audio settings as the one you describe. I tried playing with the manual settings last night, but didn't know what I was doing so reverted to that choice I think as that's how I'd had it set up for the last 24 months when I had a simple 2 channel JBL soundbar instead.

| Mon 19 Aug 2024 13:07:19 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.