My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Aerial problem with FVP-4000T

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gurneyman

Just got a Sony Bravia TV and I'm having an issue with the aerial connection. When I connect the TV direct to the coax wall socket, everything is fine and I have instant Freeview TV. But when I do pass through by connecting the FVP-400T to the coax wall socket and then connecting the box output to the TV, I get the warning that the there is a problem with the aerial connection and my TV needs re-tuning. The Humax box works fine in this configuration but I can only get TV signal through the Humax box. Not a major problem as I can still get TV signal through the box but just curious to know why the TV will not work without the box being connected.

| Thu 30 Jan 2020 10:25:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

You may find that the loopthough works when the 4000T is switched on, but not when it is off. You may need to turn Power Saving Mode off in Power Management under the system settings.

| Thu 30 Jan 2020 11:28:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gurneyman

Thanks for this. Checked settings and turned off Power Saving Mode but still not working. I switched on Humax first then TV but still getting "No signal" error

| Thu 30 Jan 2020 12:23:37 #3 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

Are you using the same patch lead Wall socket to tv and Box to TV and a different one from wall socket to box? (I'm thinking that one of your patch leads could be duff as it's unlikely, but always possible, to be the box feed through).

| Thu 30 Jan 2020 16:18:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

gurneyman

No, just one socket from the wall. Socket > FVP 4000T > TV

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 14:20:59 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gurneyman - 9 mins ago  » 

Connect the lead from the aerial to the input of a TV splitter. Connect one output to the Humax box and the other to the TV. The TV should have a feed from the aerial whatever the box is doing. Suspect it's interference from a HDMI cable into the coax from the Humax to the TV. Seperate the Humax box hdmi cable and the RF out to TV in, or ideally replace coax cabling with leads made up from double screened satellite cable. Use screw on F connectors and F to Belling Lee adapters where needed.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 14:36:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

gurneyman, your posts are a little confusing and your most recent post would suggest that you are missing a cable.
    The correct set up is a coax lead from the wall socket to the Humax and a second coax cable from the Humax into the TV. If your Humax is only connected to the TV with an hdmi lead, this will explain why you aren't getting a signal on the TV.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 15:02:17 #7 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

gurneyman - 43 mins ago  » 

But to do that, you need two patch leads.
    Patch A from wall socket to FVP. Patch B from FVP to TV.
    If patch B is not working, that will give the symptoms that you have.
    If then you are using Patch A to connect wall socket to TV to make the TV work, you have still not 'proved out' Patch B.
    That's why I said 'exactly the same lead'.

And as SSThing pointed out above, you also need an HDMI lead from FVP to TV for the FVP video output.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 15:07:01 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 3 hours ago  » 

gurneyman - 43 mins ago  » 

If you use a splitter for most splitters you need two additional fly-leads.

But to do that, you need two patch leads.
    Patch A from wall socket to FVP. Patch B from FVP to TV.
    If patch B is not working, that will give the symptoms that you have.
    If then you are using Patch A to connect wall socket to TV to make the TV work, you have still not 'proved out' Patch B.
    That's why I said 'exactly the same lead'.
    And as SSThing pointed out above, you also need an HDMI lead from FVP to TV for the FVP video output.

Patch B has a female Belling Lee on the Humax end and a male on the TV end. This type of cable is normally referred to as a patch cable. The Male to Male lead from the wall outlet is technically not a patch cable. Without a seperate splitter as described above, when watching the Humax using it's HDMI output, there is no way to feed the TV Freeview tuner from the aerial without the antenna (RF out) on the Humax connected to the RF In (aerial in) on the TV. .

Search For a patch lead

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Coaxial-Aerial-Female-Socket/dp/B0058HFJWE/ref=asc_df_B0058HFJWE/?tag=blusas008-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=205210909091&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13359128307613606624&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007011&hvtargid=aud-923883899997:pla-430592037755&psc=1

The cable from wall to Humax technically is a fly-lead

https://www.screwfix.com/p/fly-lead-coaxial-plug-to-plug-1m/41720?tc=PB9&ds_kid=92700049751068332&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249401&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1247848&ds_rl=1248154&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvc_xBRCYARIsAC5QT9mQ0zBVvyPDyqpeLnZ0DXaZeEeZ-zfgSuueIWEHP88u0pBNxvRSdUgaAqz-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

So you actually need One Fly-lead and One Patch cable.

| Fri 31 Jan 2020 18:38:16 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.