My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

All-4 on-demand Resume doesn't work

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

barkside

I have a HDR-1100S with recently updated Software version 3.00.44. In All-4, returning to a previously half-watched programme shows Resume on the thumbnail. However, when playing, it starts from the beginning.

This means having to watch a few adverts at the start, then I can fast-forward a lot, and then have to watch several more adverts before I can enjoy my programme again.

The issue was happening before the SW update as well.

Anyone seen this, know of a way round it?

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 11:23:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

TBH I have just about given up using All4 or whatever they are calling it now using my 1000s as it's plainly broken and has been for some time. Tried again tonight. I was watching/trying to watch 24 hrs A&E which played up until the first ad break. That was it - when it tried to resume after the ads the picture just goes blocky, it then freezes and turns purple and green, no more programme, good night Vienna and not for the first time either

I know this problem has been reported by other users before and it may be an issue at C4s end. However, I then switch over to my smartphone, pull up Chromecast, All4 app and watch the same programme without any issues whatsoever.

| Sat 13 Aug 2016 22:41:41 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just watching Amazing Spaces Shed Of The Year Series 3 Episode 3. Gone past first ads with no issues. In fact picture quality is excellent.

HDR1000S with Virgin Media 70Mbps download speed. Not tried resume though.

Pause and resume works OK.

Phone may be using lower speed option.

EDIT

Played to end with no problems.

| Sun 14 Aug 2016 9:51:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 
    Just watching Amazing Spaces Shed Of The Year Series 3 Episode 3. Gone past first ads with no issues. In fact picture quality is excellent.
    EDIT

Sorry Graham my fault for not explaining myself properly, I didn't mean using phone to watch the programme. I meant using the phone to call up Chromecast, initiate All4, select the programme on the phone then "cast" to Chromecast and watch on TV. Works perfectly that way.

Just tried 24hrs A&E again and same issue on 1000s again using Ethernet - 52 mbps connection. As said I have seen others post about this yellow and purple blocky frozen picture before with C4 OD. It's the only OD player I ever appear to have any issues with. Thank goodness for Chromecast.

It's odd though, as it only starts with the transition from ads back to programme.

| Sun 14 Aug 2016 13:49:24 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 
    EDIT

Sorry Graham my fault for not explaining myself properly, I didn't mean using phone to watch the programme. I meant using the phone to call up Chromecast, initiate All4, select the programme on the phone then "cast" to Chromecast and watch on TV. Works perfectly that way.
    Just tried 24hrs A&E again and same issue on 1000s again using Ethernet - 52 mbps connection. As said I have seen others post about this yellow and purple blocky frozen picture before with C4 OD. It's the only OD player I ever appear to have any issues with. Thank goodness for Chromecast.
    It's odd though, as it only starts with the transition from ads back to programme.

Can you try the programme that played OK for me ? No blocking on transition from ads back to the programme.

| Sun 14 Aug 2016 15:31:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

barkside

Did you try resuming after leaving the app altogether?

| Sun 14 Aug 2016 15:37:50 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

barkside - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Did you try resuming after leaving the app altogether?

No as I posted. I will try that for you when I can get access to the TV.

| Sun 14 Aug 2016 15:45:46 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Played back episode 1 for about 15 mins. Pressed stop and exit. Opened all 4 selected same episode and then resume option. Playback started where I stopped it.

| Sun 14 Aug 2016 18:25:30 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

barkside

Oh right. Thanks for that. Wondering if it depends on the series or something else. I'll see whether it works with some other content (rather than Locked Up).

| Sun 14 Aug 2016 18:42:40 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

barkside - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Oh right. Thanks for that. Wondering if it depends on the series or something else. I'll see whether it works with some other content (rather than Locked Up).

Did you press stop before exiting ?

| Sun 14 Aug 2016 19:09:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.