My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

All-4 on-demand Resume doesn't work

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I've been out all day Graham, so couldn't try your prog. Will hopefully get a chance sometime tomorrow. Got to run wife and her friend somewhere first to spend some of my money.

| Sun 14 Aug 2016 22:17:14 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Right Graham, Now had an opportunity to watch George Clarke episode. First off, those sheds are just fantastic, totally amazing. Now the programme - played without issue. Went back to play an episode of 24 hours in A&E and this time didn't even get as far as the programme.

Ads broke up and froze into grey green and purple blocks almost straight away. Tried it with Chromecast, same episode, no issue. I don't know whose to blame but the bottom line is if you can't rely on the Humax playing the media you aren't going to use it. Nothing worse than part watching a programme then having to start again with another device, because with something like All4 you can't skip the ads.

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 12:57:56 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 
    Right Graham, Now had an opportunity to watch George Clarke episode. First off, those sheds are just fantastic, totally amazing. Now the programme - played without issue. Went back to play an episode of 24 hours in A&E and this time didn't even get as far as the programme.
    Ads broke up and froze into grey green and purple blocks almost straight away. Tried it with Chromecast, same episode, no issue. I don't know whose to blame but the bottom line is if you can't rely on the Humax playing the media you aren't going to use it. Nothing worse than part watching a programme then having to start again with another device, because with something like All4 you can't skip the ads.

Right I will try 24hrs in A&E later and report back as to what happens. I was wondering if it might be a router issue, seems not.

Check out the rotating shed in episode 1

If repeatable someone should report issue to Channel 4.

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 13:01:09 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Watching 24 Hours in A&E Series 10 Episode 35. Seamless video after first ads. No issues at all.

EDIT

Programme played to end without problems. Obvious question is this episode a problem ?

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 18:02:19 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 15 hours ago  » 
    Watching 24 Hours in A&E Series 10 Episode 35. Seamless video after first ads. No issues at all.
    EDIT
    Programme played to end without problems. Obvious question is this episode a problem ?

I tried to watch the one that was in the main window, possibly the latest one? There are that many I don't know which is which if I'm being honest. Give me a clue what the one you watched was about as I can't remember the episode now.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 9:46:54 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Just been back to the Humax and tried again Graham - it was the same episode Series 10 Episode 35. This time the episode started without issue and went as far as the first ad break. However, when it gets the the Mitsubishi intro to restart the programme that's when the picture freeze and breakup starts again.

I was unable to get past that point. I then pressed return and saw the resume icon and thought that sounds promising. However, pressing resume on the All4 app simply takes me back to the beginning. As I've said previously this particular box has been dogged by C4 All4 streaming issues from day one and it's the only player I ever have issues with. I will stick to Chromecast from now on as I know that works every time.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 11:59:19 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 5 hours ago  » 
    Just been back to the Humax and tried again Graham - it was the same episode Series 10 Episode 35. This time the episode started without issue and went as far as the first ad break. However, when it gets the the Mitsubishi intro to restart the programme that's when the picture freeze and breakup starts again.
    I was unable to get past that point. I then pressed return and saw the resume icon and thought that sounds promising. However, pressing resume on the All4 app simply takes me back to the beginning. As I've said previously this particular box has been dogged by C4 All4 streaming issues from day one and it's the only player I ever have issues with. I will stick to Chromecast from now on as I know that works every time.

Pressing info gives you the episode and series number. Be interested to know if anyone else with the same issue has the same router.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 17:40:31 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Well it's a BT HH5 as a point of interest. However, I had the same issue previously using the Apple Airport Extreme so I can't see this being a router issue.

| Wed 17 Aug 2016 10:43:00 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Neil1

Hi barkside,

your question seems to have been hijacked to discuss other All4 problems.

I have the same problem as you do, everything else about All4 with my Humax HDR-1100S works as well as can be hoped for, especially as I only have 2.3Mb bandwidth, except the resume. I see resume on the thumbnail and yet it only sometimes works. I have noticed that it fails when it first asks about "over 18" and Terms of Use, however it works fine with programs where it can go straight in...it just asks whether to "Play from Start" or "Resume Play".

If I can find somewhere to report All4 App problems I will do so.

Edit: I see the same behaviour on my Roku 2.

| Tue 3 Jan 2017 21:45:29 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.