My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

All BBC iPlayer users will require a TV licence.

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Elmojo - 7 hours ago  » 
    This is the problem. It depends on whether the BBC lock the iPlayer with a user name and password system. If they don't then it's all just going to be the same as things are now. The cost of implementing all this is going to be high. Because a licence attached to an address dosent work anymore. People might baulk at gomez but it is the cheaper to manage option.

But how would it work?

| Fri 5 Aug 2016 16:38:17 #11 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Faust - 1 day ago  » 

gomezz - 18 hours ago  » 
    And people baulk at my suggestion to move from a licence fee to an arm's length general taxation method of funding. :/

To many people do not pay their taxes. What are your proposals to make sure the BBC receive their funding if we moved to this tyoe of revenue stream?

Index linking it to MP's pay?

| Fri 5 Aug 2016 22:27:59 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Interesting! ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/05/bbc-to-deploy-detection-vans-to-snoop-on-internet-users/

...and if my laptop/PC is connected by ethernet? Wi-fi off. I'm watching on my phone while sitting in a cafe with free wi-fi? Good luck with this one BBC.
    A more realistic assessment...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/08/06/bbc_detector_van_wi_fi_iplayer/

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 8:05:05 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Here we go again another loss of privacy. If the BBC want to make this work then they will have to link up with the electorial register that is not acceptable.i have put my name on there under the understanding it will not be used against me.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 10:58:05 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

Let's face it the BBC could not manage a drink in brewery. They are wonderful at producing some great programmes. But they lack insight about profit. I wish I could say they suck. But they don't they are the back bone of this troubled country. We need them now more than ever.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 11:12:36 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

When I emailed this story to my acquaintances who work in this field (wi-fi technology) they checked their calendars to make certain it was not April 1.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 11:51:26 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.