My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

All4 "blocking" fault

(55 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

i-s

So, we recently purchased an HDR1100S. One thing that we were very keen on was to be able to use the on-demand apps with it.

Sadly, one of the shows that I wanted to watch on All4, No Offence, doesn't work properly. Episode 1 plays fine. Episode 3 plays fine. Episodes 2 and 4 will not play.

What happens is that the adverts before the program play correctly. Then, the "Drama on 4 sponsored by lexus NX" bit plays. However, at that point the image corrupts, as shown in the attached image.

I have searched and found a few other references on this forum to this same fault, but there is a tendency for some users who have not experienced this fault to suggest that it is nothing to do with the humax box.

Internet connection - I have a solid 45Mbps fibre connection, and I can stream the faulty episodes on my desktop PC without a problem.

Local network connection - the Humax box is attached by wired connection to the router which is in the same room.

Over this weekend I tested at my parents house, using their Humax DTR-T2000 and 30Mbps fibre connection and was able to stream the episodes in question without issue.

We have factory reset the HDR1100s, and it has made no difference. Episodes 1 and 3 of no offence still work correctly, episodes 2 and 4 do not. We've reset the internet connection.

What other fixes are there for this behaviour?

Attachments

1. all4.jpg (88 KB, 0 downloads) 8 years old
    | Sun 6 Dec 2015 22:35:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bughtlin

Ive had this reported to both freesat and 4 no resumption

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 23:23:58 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just tried episode 2 on my HDR1000S. After the opening ads it's just a series of square picture blocks. I imagine it's a corrupted file on the server. Perhaps complain to Freesat.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 11:09:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

i-s

I can't see how that can be, if it works fine on PC and on my parents' DTR-2000?

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 18:41:03 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

i-s - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I can't see how that can be, if it works fine on PC and on my parents' DTR-2000?

Different servers. You get different programme choices as well dependant on platform.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 19:02:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Looks to be just Freesat server, Ep's 2 & 4 are fine on my Samsung 'Smart' TV via internet.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 19:13:43 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pretty sure If I used all4 on any of my other kit, it would be fine. As Fedman1 says, the content you are streaming comes from a different location, if the particular file(s) on the server you are using to stream the content from is corrupted then you get the problem. Unfortunately if the content you are trying to view happens to be on a different freesat server, then others using the same kit may not be able to reproduce the issue.

The one thing that is certain, if your box can play back other On Demand content, it can't really be a box software issue. If it was all content would be the same.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 21:49:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

i-s

Well, I have a response from Channel 4:

Thank you for your further email providing this information.

We would like to advise that we are aware of this issue and are working alongside Freesat in order to resolve this.

We are sorry for the disruption to your viewing at this time, however, please keep an eye on the service for updates as we endeavour to resolve this.

Thank you for taking the time to contact All 4.

Kind regards,

Andrew Glover
    All 4 Support

So, that does suggest that it is, as you said, a problem on their side. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Thanks all.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 22:13:22 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have checked out all episodes and found on a HB 1000S only 3 of 8 play correctly, episodes 1, 3, and 8, all others as per the OP post.

For comparison checked out on FVP 4000T, all 8 episodes appear to stream without issue.

Have passed on the issue to a contact at freesat.

| Tue 8 Dec 2015 13:00:57 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Update - freesat have acknowledged and will investigate.

| Tue 8 Dec 2015 14:22:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.