My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

All4 "blocking" fault

(55 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

VFRRider - 7 hours ago  » 
    I received an e-mail from FreeSat yesterday stating that they have been working on this 'All 4' issue with Channel 4's development team, they ask me to confirm thist the issue still exists, which having tested I confirmed that this was the case.
    So maybe just maybe something will happen.

I have always found C4 to be flaky on the freesat model - since the app was released a few years ago. More often than not I access it on my Mac and Airplay to ATV then to TV as it's simply not worth the hassle. That always works fine.

| Fri 19 Feb 2016 17:50:45 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

strat1962

I'm still getting the issues with 4OD. Tried watching Locked Up on my 1010S. After the adverts run and the programme returns the picture breaks up into blocks. It doesn't matter how long I leave it the programme will not resume play. My 1010S is wired to my Virgin router with 70MB connection, plenty of bandwidth there. Laptop connected to the TV via WiFi 4OD plays with no problems.

| Wed 21 Sep 2016 21:39:16 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pubsinger

Same here, 4od plays the pre-adverts fine then as soon as the program starts I get a broken, blocked screen with no audio. On the odd occasion the program plays OK it'll suffer the same problem after the first advert break. Useless.

BBC, ITV, 5 and all the other channels with rollback play fine.

The most annoying thing is it's not recognised as a problem and 'our engineers are aware of the problem and trying to fix it' it's just the usual fob off.... it's your kit, your broadband, your fault.

Pub

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 14:59:41 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

doolols

Glad Google found this thread for me. I'm having the same problem now (May 2017). I've contacted Channel 4 and Freesat. We'll see what happens.

| Sun 7 May 2017 17:37:05 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

carvere

I complained to All4 back in February and they confirmed that they were aware of the problem but dont know when it will be fixed.

Dear Liz,

Thank you for your email regarding All 4.

We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems accessing content on All 4 via your Freesat box.

Please be advised that our Technical Team are aware of this issue and are currently working towards a resolution. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeframe for this fix, at present.

We would like to apologise for this and suggest that you keep an eye on the service for any future updates.

If you require further information, feel free to email me back or visit http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq

Kind regards,

Scarlet Lewis
    All 4 Support

| Sun 14 May 2017 14:02:27 #55 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.